Search for University Jobs in Health Sciences
Assistant/Associate Professor, Social Work (tenure track)
Alcorn State University
The Assistant Professor of Social Work will teach four courses per semester, continually access and evaluate student outcomes in meeting competencies of social work practice and admission to graduate school, advisement and research.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate basic office equipment
- Proficient computer skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Office, Excel, PowerPoint and course and learning management Software (Statistical packages, Canvas, BANNER, and Online class preparation/administration)
Essential Job Functions
- Active participation in an ongoing mentoring and retention plan
- Provide advisement to Social Work students about curriculum and registration requirements for graduation
- Contribution to continual program improvement through annual evaluation of program outcomes and objectives
- Preparation of required information for quality enhancement plan
- Serve on faculty committees
- Participation in recruitment of students to the program
- Assist in ongoing program curriculum development
- Participation in service to the department, school, and community
- Active engagement in professional activities related to social work, including a demonstrated commitment to a specific research agenda
- Assist the unit in the accreditation/reaffirmation process
- Demonstrate evidence of sensitivity to an understanding of the diverse, academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic background of staff and students in diverse communities
- Earned doctorate in Social Work or related field, plus a MSW from a CSWE accredited school of social work, and two years, post-Masters social work practical experience required
- ABD candidates will be considered
- Demonstrated teaching ability in social work at the BSW level and curriculum development
- Ability to teach undergraduate research methods, statistics and program evaluation
- An active scholarship and research agenda
Licensing and Certifications
- A license in Social Work or licensure eligible at the MSW level or higher in the state of Mississippi is preferred
EEO / ADA Statement
Alcorn State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or other factors prohibited by law in any of its educational programs, activities, services, admissions, or employment practices.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |