University of Massachusetts Lowell
Visiting Professor of Nutrition
General Summary of Position:
The Department of Biomedical and Nutritional Sciences in the Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences at University of Massachusetts Lowell is welcoming applications for a Visiting Instructor in Nutrition for the 2022-2023 academic year. This role is a one-year visiting post with a 4-4 teaching load, with possible renewal at the end of the year. A successful candidate will teach a variety of nutrition courses serving students from the Nutritional Science Program and other University programs. The successful candidate will also contribute through participation in committees and events, advising undergraduate students, and assisting with recruitment activities. The successful candidate will be expected to begin work on September 1, 2022.
The Department of Biomedical and Nutritional Sciences is committed to academic excellence. We invite applicants with relevant expertise in nutrition and a history of instructional experience to apply. Applicants recognized for teaching excellence, experience working with a diverse population, and excellent oral and written communication skills are preferred.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as in curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive and nurturing environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to this goal.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Minimum of a master’s degree in nutrition or related field; a doctoral degree is preferred
- Strong record of teaching at the undergraduate level
- Excellence in oral and written communication skills
- Evidence of ability to work with diverse student and faculty populations
- Experience teaching curriculum that incorporates Interprofessional Education (IPE) activities
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy and Experience - Please include 1) description of previous teaching experience with a list of courses taught, and 2) teaching philosophy and style
- List of courses previously taught in higher education and college/university name. (syllabus)
- Names and contact information of three professional references will be required during the application process.
- Copy of student evaluations from previous teaching, if available