SAN FRANCISCO COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Nursing-Registered (Maternal/Newborn) Instructor, (Full-Time, Tenure-Track)
Faculty - Tenure-Track
1. Assume the role and responsibilities of theory, simulation, and clinical instructor in the Maternal/Newborn Nursing course.
2. Organize, plan curriculum, and assume responsibility in the areas of theory, simulation, and clinical experience.
3. Act as liaison to schools and agencies as it relates to the Maternal/Newborn Nursing curriculum.
4. Supervise, instruct, and evaluate the nursing students' performance in the simulation exercises and clinical facilities.
5. Meet weekly with the lead instructor to discuss and plan ongoing course work and student performance.
6. Document student clinical performance and confer with the students about their performance.
7. Identify students doing poorly in theory and clinical; confer with and refer students to early assistance.
8. Teach students the nursing process, nursing diagnosis, and nursing care plans pertinent to the nursing problems of the adult client.
9. Make patient assignments at the assigned clinical facility the day prior to clinical.
10. Correct clinical papers submitted by students with appropriate feedback.
11. Effectively communicate with the staff in clinical area regarding course objectives, student assignments and student performance, and be actively involved in every aspect of the Student Learning Outcome assessment process.
12. Attend nursing faculty, curriculum, and other committee meetings as required by the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) in order to have a more well-rounded knowledge of the nursing program.
13. Teach 18 hours in a clinical setting and 3 hours in theory classes as required weekly for the position.
14. Utilize other agencies for clinical experience; willing to work flexible hours.
15. Teach students to apply critical thinking/reasoning to their clinical practice.
16. Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
To apply, please visit our website at https://jobs.ccsf.edu/postings/3831
It is the policy of the City College of San Francisco to provide all persons with equal employment and educational opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, religion, age, gender, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, disability or AIDS/HIV status, medical conditions, gender identity, or status as a Vietnam-Era veteran. These categories specifically include status as a lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or questioning person in any District program or activity. For further information, contact the Title 5/EEO/ADA Compliance Office, at (415) 452-5053.