The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) School of Health Professions, Department of Laboratory Sciences and Primary Care, Physician Assistant Program invites applications from highly motivated individuals for a full-time faculty member position for our expanding program and faculty. Faculty rank, salary, and tenure status will be based on terminal degree and experience. TTUHSC PA Program is a 27-month, master’s-level curriculum located Midland, TX in a dedicated PA program facility, providing an environment of learning with a cohesive faculty and student body. The PA program has strong administrative support and excellent salary and benefits. Up to 20% release time may be dedicated to clinical practice.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran. Applicants who would enrich the University’s diversity are encouraged to apply.
TTUHSC and its employees adhere to a values based culture consisting of five values: One Team, Kindhearted, Integrity, Visionary, and Beyond Service. The ideal candidate will embrace and exemplify these values.
- Provide student instruction in assigned courses and in areas of need/expertise
- Evaluate student performance in assigned courses and identify student learning deficiencies
- Provide remedial instruction in assigned courses and areas of expertise
- Coordinate/direct instruction in assigned courses, including preparation of course syllabus, course site, exam administration, reporting of student performance, and course analysis
- Serve as assigned advisor for PA students to perform academic counseling of students
- Assist in clinical site recruitment, evaluation, and maintenance
- Participate in program committees including curriculum, student progression, and admissions
- Participate in university, professional, scholarly, and community service activities
- Participate in program evaluation and development and accreditation maintenance.
- Engage in other activities as determined by the Physician Assistant Program Director.
Location: Located in the heart of West Texas, Midland is known as, “The Land of the High Sky,” where clean air and sunshine are abundant. The city welcomes visitors with its friendly and famous West Texas attitude. Midland is located midway between Fort Worth and El Paso along Interstate 20 and is a diverse community offering a wide range of entertainment and recreational opportunities in a mild climate. For more information about the city, visit: https://www.midlandtxchamber.com/visit-midland/
According to a recent survey conducted by the Great Colleges to Work for program, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUSHC) is one of the best colleges in the nation to work for. TTUHSC includes the School of Health Professions, the School of Medicine, the School of Nursing, the School of Pharmacy, the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, and the newly formed Julia Jones Matthews School of Population and Public Health. Within the Schools are numerous divisions, centers and programs dedicated to specific areas of clinical care, teaching and research. The TTUHSC consists of several campuses and works as a partner with Texas Tech University to provide quality academic and clinical education.