Associate Professor of Practice- Nursing
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Simmons Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) graduate program prepares students to deliver primary health care to diverse patients and families across the lifespan. The faculty members of the program are experienced educators, respected clinicians and scholars who share a passion for teaching and mentoring students.
The ideal candidate must be certified as an FNP and have teaching experience. Opportunities for teaching are in primary care sequence and research, as well as in the candidate's area of expertise. The successful candidate will join our current faculty dedicated to maintaining and advancing the Simmons FNP program's strong national stature, ranking, and impact in the 21st century.
This is a full-time, 12-month appointment.
- Assume responsibility for course planning, implementation and evaluation predominately in the Graduate FNP Nursing program.
- Assume responsibility for classroom teaching.
- Participate in the selection of instructional materials, library resources, and equipment for learning resource center.
- Assume responsibility for the clinical supervision of clinical preceptors.
- Select appropriate clinical experiences to meet the stated course objectives.
- Make periodic site visits to students during their clinical preceptorships.
- Maintain evaluative records of student performance and conference with students regarding their progress at appropriate intervals.
- Prepare summary evaluations of student performance at termination of course and file.
- Participate in the advisement of graduate nursing students as assigned by the Chairperson and Dean of School of Nursing and Health Sciences.
- Participate in SNHS and college committees as elected or appointed.
- Represent Nursing Department and SNHS at College Functions as designated by the Dean.
Candidates for this position must have:
- A minimum of a MS in Nursing; PhD or DNP preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of clinical experience as a family nurse practitioner.
- MA Registered Nurse License and Certification as a nurse practitioner.
- Ongoing scholarly activity that includes research, grant funding and publication.
- Evidence of continued and progressive professional development in the academic and professional communities.
Instructions to Applicants
- A minimum of 2 years of instruction in a nursing program (master's preferred).
- Experience in hybrid and online course design and delivery as well as an interest in the adult learner.
: Please submit a CV, cover letter, statement of teaching philosophy, and 3 letters of recommendation with your application. All documents should be uploaded in the Resume/CV
section on the 'My Experience' page of the application.
As a College committed to diversity, Simmons encourages applications broadly. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Associate-Professor-of-Practice--Nursing_R04513
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.