Medical Instructor/Assistant Professor
Division of Physical Therapy, Duke University
To meet the needs of our growing program, the Doctor of Physical Therapy Division (DPT) at Duke University announces the opening of a full-time, regular rank, non-tenure track faculty position. This position is best suited for a highly motivated, doctoral-trained licensed physical therapist (PhD, ScD, DSc, or DPT) with a diverse clinical background. Specific preferences include those who have teaching experience or interests in neurology, anatomy, geriatrics and/or community health, have demonstrated past research productivity, professional service or advocacy, and / or have experience in service learning and leadership.
- Clinical or academic doctorate;
- Licensed physical therapist (or eligibility) in the state of North Carolina;
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with a variety of faculty;
- Interest in teaching;
- Scholarly agenda;
- A diverse clinical background.
Technical Skill Requirement:
- Proficient use of dedicated software such as MS Word, Excel, or statistical software;
- Understanding of pedagogy.
- Course coordination and teaching in the Doctor of Physical Therapy Division;
- Providing lab assistantship;
- Pedagogical support for faculty and curricular staff.
- Provision of clinical physical therapy services at Duke Health.
Duke University and Department of Orthopaedic Surgery is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, and learners without regard to an individual’s age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. We consider diversity and inclusion a critical core value of the institution.
The position is full time, 12 month appointed position. Interested candidates selected for an interview will be as919-613-9053ked to present their teaching and research portfolio. All interested candidates should send (in confidence) a cover letter and curriculum vitae by August 15, 2021 including contact information for three references by email to:
Derek Clewley PT, PhD
Chair, Search Committee
Doctor of Physical Therapy Division
Duke University Medical Centre (DUMC)
Box 104002, Durham, NC, 27708