Assistant Professor Department of Kinesiology
Department of Kinesiology
School of Natural Sciences
St. Edward's University
St. Edward's University invites applications for a full-time, nine-month, tenure-track position as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Kinesiology, beginning August 2022. The successful candidate will teach and coordinate labs for a variety of courses, including Anatomy and Physiology I, Anatomy and Physiology II, and Exercise Physiology. Other courses might include Nutrition, Strength Training and Conditioning, or Musculoskeletal Anatomy and Biomechanics. Candidates should demonstrate a commitment to supporting a diverse student body at a Hispanic-serving Institution. St. Edward's University embraces excellence through diversity and especially encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented racial, ethnic, sexual, and gender minority groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching is central to the mission of St. Edward's University, and the teaching load for this position is 12 credits per semester. Courses are delivered face-to-face.
- Advise undergraduate students.
- Meet School and University service requirements.
- Enthusiastically participate in promoting the kinesiology major.
- Maintain an active program of quality research.
- Develop new courses and curriculum as requested
- Maintain commitment to social responsibility in the classroom setting inline with the University's
- Other required duties as outlined in the St. Edward's University Faculty Manual
About St. Edward's University
- Earned doctorate in exercise physiology, exercise science, kinesiology or related-area required;
- Demonstrated experience in college-level teaching and scholarship required;
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills;
- A strong commitment to and demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching and training undergraduates from diverse backgrounds;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check is required.
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic, liberal arts institution of 2,900 undergraduate and 700 graduate students located in Austin, Texas. It is an exciting time to be part of the St. Edward's community as the university increases its global engagement to educate students for the opportunities and challenges of a 21st-century world. SEU is a diverse community that appreciates faculty and students from all backgrounds. The Department of Kinesiology offers a number of tracks to meet the needs of our students: General Kinesiology, Pre-Physical Therapy, Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Athletic Training, and Sports Management with a required minor in Business or Management. The School of Natural Sciences is also home to the Institute for Interdisciplinary Science, an NSF funded center that fosters cross sector partnerships, interdisciplinary collaborations, and training in informatics and emerging technologies (https://www.stedwards.edu/academics/centers-institutes/institute-interdisciplinary-science-i4
Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled, with full consideration given to those received by Dec 1, 2021. Applicants should submit application and all requested documentation online through http://stedwards.applicantpro.com/jobs/
A complete application must include:
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion statement that details the candidate's (1) knowledge, (2) track record, and (3) plans for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion as a professional at St. Edward's University (2 page maximum). Your DEI statement should be included as a separate document and should not contain your name or any other personally identifiable information. For further guidance, please visit the St. Edward's University website on DEI https://www.stedwards.edu/about-us/diversity-equity-inclusion
- Both undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- The names and contact information for three professional references.
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in," by numerous independent media outlets, Austin attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments and Silicon Labs.
For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.