Search for University Jobs in Health Sciences
Nursing-Clinical Adjunct Faculty
As part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks an Nursing-Clinical Adjunct Faculty to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by being primarily responsible for supervision of clinical experiences for undergraduate nursing students and providing feedback. Collaboration with didactic faculty and course coordinator is essential to assure clinical outcomes are met. Also, reporting to the Dean of School of Nursing and Course Faculty.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Follow and practice within the accepted standards regulating the practice of nursing.
- Supports overall philosophy and goals of the nursing program.
- Supervises students during clinical experiences utilizing clinical learning outcomes.
- Communicates with didactic faculty and/or course coordinator to coordinate didactic and clinical learning.
- Communicates with didactic faculty and/or course coordinator regarding student performance.
- Promotes positive relationships among Marian University community, nursing students and the clinical learning facility personnel.
- Evaluates and completes forms regarding student’s clinical performance and associated written assignments. Provides written and verbal feedback to students.
- Notifies course coordinator, students and clinical personnel of change of scheduling, i.e. snow days.
- Clinical areas may include: Adult Health, Mental Health, OB, Pediatrics, Fundamentals, Assessment, Leadership
- Master of Science degree in Nursing with specialization appropriate to area of responsibility, or documentation of working on Master’s Degree. BSN with three (3) years’ recent clinical experience will be taken into consideration.
- Current Registered Nurse license in the State of Indiana.
- Current BLS certificate.
- Experience for at least 2 years obstetrics experience in the practice of nursing. (Must state obstetrics).
- Maintaining membership and active participation in professional nursing associations is desirable.
- Able to commit to two days per week during semester (August start or January start). (Need 2 days).
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |