Seeking a qualified individual for a full-time faculty position with a didactic focus in the Department of Physician Assistant Studies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Teach, evaluate, and advise didactic students.
- Coordinate the clinical learning and assessment center activities of students in concert with the clinical learning assessment faculty.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the didactic curriculum at GA-PCOM.
- Provide term-by-term on-going analysis of outcome assessment for core didactic courses to chair in concert with site director and core didactic faculty.
- Assist department chair with budget planning, curriculum development, by tracking ongoing progress.
- Contribute with the preparation of grants, reports, and self-studies related to ongoing funding and program accreditation.
- Arrange for supervision, guidance and direction to students during clinical medicine laboratories and small group sessions.
- Support department chair with accreditation documentation and problem-solving activities related to the didactic curriculum.
- Provide liaison with appropriate PCOM departments involved in medical and health science education along with external agencies useful to the teaching program.
- Develop and implement ideas, procedures, and functions of the PA program in concert with other PA program faculty.
- Candidate must be willing to travel.
- Master’s degree is required.
- Candidates must have at least three (3) years of clinical experience.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Candidates should be currently certified as a PA and maintain state licensure and national certification as a Physician Assistant.
- All inquiries must include: : a letter of intent, a curriculum vitae,, salary requirements, and three (3) references, preferably from current or former supervisors