Search for University Jobs in Health Sciences
Dean, Leighton School of Nursing
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks a Dean in the Leighton School of Nursing to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by directing and overseeing all aspects of nursing education while achieving growth, operational and academic excellence in alignment with the Marian University mission, vision, and values.
The Dean will lead the organization in a manner assuring academic and operational excellence. Key priorities include school growth, expanding partnerships, attracting and retaining excellent faculty, increasing IPE, increasing program offerings, assuring financial strength, excellent academic results with students completing and getting a job in their field, and compliance with all accreditation and regulatory bodies.
Key accountabilities include:
- Actively engages the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic and Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Strategy Development. The Dean will develop the school’s strategic plan.
- Strategy Implementation. Communicate and achieve organizational transformation in alignment with the strategic plan.
- Organizational Development. Attract, nurture, and retain high potential employees. Assure systems of performance accountability, professional development, and succession plans are in place. Determine staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery.
- Financial Performance. Increase revenue, optimize margins, and increase efficiencies.
- Student body. Establish and meet admission/retention goals.
- Academic Excellence. Enhance quality of programs with NCLEX pass rates and credentialed programs.
- Partnership Opportunities. Strengthen existing and forge new beneficial, collaborative partnerships.
- Internal Relations. Encourage cross-functional teamwork and communication. Foster shared ownership of continuous improvement, risk management, and cost control. Work especially with other health professions in developing IPE.
- Faculty Development. Promote the advancement of knowledge and scholarship among the faculty.
- External Relations. Assure positive engagement with partners, community organizations, leaders, and constituents. Contribute to the well-being of the region.
- Alumni Strategies - Connect and utilize the wealth of alumni from LSON
- Development. Actively support philanthropic and grant acquisition initiatives.
- Public Relations. Assure production of effective marketing communications supporting recruitment, partnerships, faculty accomplishments, school initiatives, and philanthropic activities.
- Leadership and Board Engagement. Partner to create strategic plans, budgets, and fundraising initiatives. Prepare and present formal presentations and reports. Forge collaborative partnerships.
- Performance Monitoring. Develop and implement performance scorecards indicating organizational functional and individual efficacy.
- Compliance. Assure conformity to local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Risk Management. Identify, evaluate, and mitigate operational, financial, IT, human resources, risks.
- Culture. Assure alignment the university and Franciscan culture, mission, and values.
Short-term (1st 180 days) deliverables
- Learn and adapt organizational culture, mission, vision, and values
- Design optimal organization within school and in working with other departments across MU
- Develop strategic plan
- Develop effective internal and external working relationships
- Develop strategic plan
- Establish scorecard of organizational and performance objectives
- Develop Key Performance indicators for the program, faculty, and staff
- Communicate strategic plan and key performance expectations
Long-term (180 days +) deliverables
- Launch Strategic Plan implementation via effective Change-Management practices
- Deepen existing partnerships. Identify and establish new partnerships
- Execute campus expansion initiatives
- Support faculty recruitment and retention initiatives
- Assure academic and operational excellence
- Continuously monitor key performance indicators
- Represent the School of Nursing to university leadership via formal reports and presentations
- Assure alignment with the mission, strategic goals and objectives of MU
- Develop and implement leadership development and succession plans
- Enhance IPE
- Guide the school to become a highly respected, national provider of excellent nursing education
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |