Search for University Jobs in Health Sciences
Utah Valley University
: Staff - Full-Time
Diagnoses learning, intellectual, psychological and social disorders for enrolled and admitted students at Utah Valley University. Administers psychotherapy to a broad and diverse population for cognitive, substance, psychotic, mood, anxiety, dissociative, sexual, sleep, adjustment, personality and other psychological disorders. Assesses clients emotional, intellectual, and personality functioning to assist them in their individual needs by utilizing objective and projective psychological testing instruments. Records accurate confidential record of client's condition, treatment plan, and progress towards recovery goals. Conducts the therapeutic process created to intervene with clients who are experiencing acute behavioral and/or emotional crisis. Trains, counsels, conducts, coordinates, develops and designs programs, and workshops for UVU faculty, student programs, and Student Services.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a Master of Clinical Social Work, Counseling or Clinical Psychology, Mental Health Counseling or Marriage and Family Therapy. Within one year of being hired, be able to meet all of Utah DOPL requirements to obtain a license as Clinical Social Worker, a Psychologist, Mental Health Counselor or Marriage and Family Therapist.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of individual, group, and crisis intervention counseling techniques.
- Knowledge or treatment planning, development and implementation.
- Knowledge of and participation in consulting techniques, public speaking, teaching, presentations, etc.
- Knowledge of community mental health resources.
- Knowledge of psychiatric diagnosis based on the DSM-5.
- Basic knowledge of psychopharmacology.
- Knowledge of group psychotherapy theory and techniques.
- Knowledge about psychological theories, models, diagnosis and treatment techniques.
- Skills in diagnosis of psychological disorders, treatment planning, and providing appropriate effective treatment for UVU students.
- Ability to recommend voluntary and/or involuntary commitment for clients for hospitalization for psychological treatments.
Doctoral level education and degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology. Must be able to meet all of Utah DOPL requirements to obtain a license as a Psychologist within one year of being hired.
Frequent sitting, occasional walking and standing. Continuous talking, hearing and seeing.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$41,804 to $55,739 annually
STA95318 Student Health Services Staff
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/7897
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |