Business System Analyst 2 (7583U) - 13981
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: December 31, 2020
At Berkeley Optometry, we have long lived by guiding principles that define and differentiate us. As part of a world-renowned university that embraces excellence and access, we foster an environment of trust and mutual respect, free expression and inquiry, and personal resilience and achievement. We are strongly committed to diversity, respect for cultural differences, and promotion of social justice. These principles serve us daily in our reasoning and actions and aid us in our decision making.The mission of the School is executed by approximately 20 ladder-rank faculty, 8 emeriti faculty, 133 full and part time clinical faculty, 70 staff, 30 professional researchers, 20 graduate students and 26 visiting faculty and postdoctoral research scholars. The staff includes professional, health care, technical, research, and clerical representation and provide support to a complex array of functions.
We educate an estimated 320 students annually. Our O.D. program is a 4 year program with clinical training provided at 2 campus clinics, 10 satellite clinics (community care), 7 VA clinics, and 24 external clinics across the country. Our one-year post-graduate residency programs provide advanced clinical education in specialty areas of optometry to 18 residents with placement on and off campus and our Vision Science program consists of 40 PhD students.
- Analyzes, develops, configures, tests and implements Electronic Health Record (EHR) software and related analytics, reporting, Telehealth, Patient Check-in Kiosk, HIPAA Compliance Secure text messaging.
- Acts as user liaison between clinical or business departments and Information Systems; providing domain expertise and experience for multiple interacting healthcare departments.
- Performs system configuration functions using online architectural tools with minimal supervision.
- Leads others to adhere to established industry best practices, standards, and quality.
- Produces user requested reports utilizing special features on designated systems.
- Crystal reports writing, SQL Query, and API.
- Perform charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis and submits recommendations for solutions.
- Ability to write program specifications and flowcharts, and coordinates the system's installation with the user department.
- Assists with project plan development and end user documentation.
- Gathers and analyzes data to prepare business process and procedural documentation.
- Assists with implementation of changes in development, maintenance, system standards and in the creation of specifications.
- Desktop Support, new devices, printer support.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Intermediate knowledge of related areas of IT.
- Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team.
- Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills.
- General knowledge of business and process analysis functions.
- Knowledge relating to software design and HIPAA Compliance.
- Demonstrated testing and test planning skills.
- Skills associated with analysis of processes and issues of moderate scope, information flow and architecture.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Analyzes, develops, configures, tests, and implements Electronic Health Record (EHR) software and related analytics.
- Prepares charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis and submits recommendations for solutions.
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
This position is a non-exempt, bi-weekly paid position. Hourly pay for this role is commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a full-time, 40-hours per week, Contract (temporary) position with an anticipated end date of June 30, 2021.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=13981&PostingSeq=1