The Department of Communicative Disorders and Sciences in the College of Arts and Sciences invites applicants to apply for a full-time, twelve-month, non tenure-track, term position for a teaching-focused position as Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor in Audiology.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide graduate and/or undergraduate classroom teaching, and graduate program development for audiology doctoral students in Communicative Disorders and Science. This individual is expected to play a key role in the day-to-day administration of the graduate Audiology Doctoral (AuD) program, ensuring teaching and clinical training compliance to maintain our ASHA/CAA accreditation. In addition, this individual will spend time engaging students in clinic and clinical research training activities and to seek funding to support those endeavors. The applicant will also be expected to take on regular administrative responsibilities in the Department.
Interested individuals should apply through UB Jobs: (http://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu). Inquiries should be directed to:
Jeff Higginbotham, PhD., Search Committee Chair, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Essential Job Duties:
- Teach a 4 to 5 course load across the calendar year, including undergraduate and graduate coursework in hearing aids, auditory development and processing, audiology practice, etc.
- Play a key role in administering the graduate AuD program and ensure compliance with accreditation standards.
- Develop a clinical research program with a major component focusing on mentorship and participation of graduate and undergraduate students.
- Take part in department administrative activities.
- Seek funding to support student training programs in Communicative Disorders
- PhD in Speech-language Pathology and/or Doctor of Audiology
- ASHA CCC-AuD (Eligible for NYS licensure preferred)
- PhD in Communication Disorders and Sciences
- Prior teaching experience in communicative disorders and sciences university courses preferred.
Contact’s Name Jeffery Higginbotham, PhD
Contact’s Title Search Committee Chair
Contact’s Email email@example.com
Contact’s Phone 716-829-5542