The Asian University for Women (AUW) seeks applications for full-time faculty position in Public Health. Located in the port city of Chittagong, Bangladesh, AUW is a US style liberal arts university, with representation of wide range of international faculty and home to over 800 students from 17 Asian countries, all taught in English medium. The university is dedicated to teaching excellence in a liberal art setting, with a strong commitment to research and scholarly engagement. Further information about AUW is available at https://asian-university.org.
Field of Expertise: Ability to design and teach courses in Biostatistics, Data Analysis, Maternal and Child Health, Nutrition for Health, Regional Challenges in Public Health with a focus on Asia.
Academic Rank: Ranging from Assistant Professor to Professor, based on experience.
Start Date: January 2020 OR August 2020; 1-year contract, renewable based on satisfactory performance. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Benefits: accommodation, annual travel, health insurance;
Package: Non-Bangladeshi citizens eligible for income tax exemption in Bangladesh.
- Doctoral degree in Biostatistics, Epidemiology or Public Health from a recognized university.
- Evidence of teaching, research and publications excellence.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills using statistical packages: STATA, SPSS or R.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt in a multicultural and diverse academic environment.
- Plan, develop, and teach courses and seminars for undergraduate students with public health major and minor.
- Serve as academic advisor and mentor to students.
- Supervise students in developing and implementing senior thesis projects including guiding them in data analysis, thesis writing and presentation.
- Attract funding and engage in public health research using biostatistical and epidemiologic methods
- Provide leadership and service on academic committees.
Teaching requirement: six 4-credit courses per academic year; expected to teach: Introduction to Public Health, Maternal Child Health, Global Health Challenges, Principles of Biostatistics, Data Analysis and Nutrition for Health.
Please submit a cover letter, CV, teaching statement, research statement and the names of three references, as either MS Word or PDF files, to Ms. Kastuki Sakai, Managing Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.