Search for University Jobs in Health Sciences
Director of Undergraduate Nursing
Director of Undergraduate Nursing
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks a Director of Undergraduate Nursing to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by collaborating with the nursing faculty and LSON administration. This Director participates in decision making for policy related to teaching, admitting and advising students, curriculum development, program revisions, clinical site management, student learning outcomes assessment and other matters as assigned in support of LSON operations, and the missions of LSON and Marian University. This position is responsible for implementing the LSON strategic plan as related to undergraduate nursing, including student, faculty, and community partner goals. This Director supervises and provides mentorship to undergraduate faculty and staff as directed by the Associate Dean and LSON Dean.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Vales and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Communicates and collaborates with all stakeholders in the internal and external communities.
- Maintains a faculty position with teaching responsibilities not to exceed 6 credits in more than three (3) consecutive academic semesters.
- Collaborates with the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Nursing to provide administrative leadership to assign faculty workload and maintain course schedules for all tracks of undergraduate nursing with responsibilities not to exceed 50% of responsibilities in more than (3) consecutive academic semesters.
- Develops and maintains the relationship between the LSON administration, LSON faculty and staff, education partners and healthcare partners.
- Serves on the LSON Committees and is a liaison between faculty and LSON administration.
- Assists with the management of course delivery in alignment with LSON with specific oversight of simulation and skills, direct and indirect patient care hours, and achieving student learning outcomes.
- Evaluates faculty and staff performance annually as directed by the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Nursing and the LSON Dean.
- Collaborates with the LSON Clinical Outreach Coordinator to ensure clinical placements for BSN students.
- Collaborates with Associate Dean for Undergraduate Nursing, other LSON Directors, faculty, and University departments to problem solve concerns as needed for all LSON undergraduate nursing.
- Collaborates with other LSON Directors to verify LSON education program complies with educational standards of all appropriate State Boards of Nursing and National Nursing (i.e., Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accreditation requirements.
- Collaborates with the University marketing department for LSON marketing items and events.
- Collaborates with the University admissions department for LSON recruiting student events.
- Assures student compliance with health and other required documentation in collaboration with the Clinical Outreach Coordinator and Assigned LSON Administrative Assistants.
- Serves as the first line of meditation with faculty on student disciplinary issues.
- Represents LSON, along with the LSON Deans, in the university community.
- Participates in weekly conference meetings with Associate Dean for Undergraduate Nursing and/or LSON Dean, to problem solve and escalate concerns as needed.
- Meets weekly with other LSON Directors, Clinical Outreach Coordinator and Administrative Assistants to facilitate daily operations.
- Assist with the preparation of documents requested of the Indiana State Board of Nursing.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the LSON Dean. or Associate Dean for Undergraduate Nursing.
- Knowledge of and a commitment to the mission of Marian University
- Adheres to Marian University’s policies and procedures
- Regularly engage in training to stay relevant on promising practices in diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Shows courtesy and respect in interactions with fellow employees, students subordinates, and supervisors
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Department issues
- Meets department productivity standards
- Participates in developing department goals, objective, and systems
- Assists to establish department measurements that align and support the accomplishment of the University’s strategic goals
- Adheres to the department budget
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Masters in Nursing is required.
- Teaching experience at a university level.
- Current Indiana compact licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Recent experience in the practice of nursing and managerial experience.
- High level of proficiency in use of technology in nursing education.
- Experience with planning and collaboration with project development.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |