The College of Nursing at the University of Central Florida (UCF) invites applications for a 12-month, tenured professor position to serve as chair for the Department of Nursing Systems. The selected candidate will provide academic and administrative leadership and bring experiential, academic and research expertise commensurate with the position. This position has an anticipated start date in Spring 2021 (negotiable).
- An earned doctorate in Nursing from an accredited institution by the date of hire, or a doctorate in a related discipline from an accredited institution with an earned master’s degree in Nursing from an accredited institution,
- Eligible for appointment at the rank of professor with tenure,
- Successful leadership and/or administrative experience in a university setting,
- A focused program of research and scholarly activity that complements existing college research foci,
- Eligible for RN licensure in Florida and compact states.
- A proven leader with experience in management of human resources, budget, academic and clinical programming, and accreditation standards,
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
- Sustained record of research and extramural funding,
- National reputation in area of expertise,
- Experience in teaching at the undergraduate and/or graduate level,
- Experience in inter-professional education.
Additional Application Materials Required:
UCF requires all applications and supporting documents be submitted electronically through the Human Resources website at www.ucf.edu/jobs. In addition to the online application, candidates must also submit a cover letter, CV, and the contact information for three (3) professional references.
Note: A cover letter, a current curriculum vitae, and a document listing the phone numbers and email addresses for the minimum of three (3) professional references are required attachments for this application. Please have all documents ready when applying so that they can be attached at that time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents at a later time.
Questions regarding this position may be directed to Ms. Carey Ann Morales, search manager, at Carey.Morales@ucf.edu.