University of Doha for Science and Technology (UDST) is the first national applied University in the State of Qatar, offering applied Bachelors and Master’s degrees in addition to certificates and diplomas in various fields. UDST has over 50 programs in the fields of Engineering Technology and Industrial Trades, Business Management, Computing and Information Technology, Health Sciences, Continuing and Professional Education and more.
With more than 600 staff and over 6,000 students, UDST is the destination for top-notch applied and experiential learning. The University is recognized for its student-centered learning and state-of-the-art facilities. Our faculty are committed to delivering pedagogically-sound learning experiences with incorporation of innovative technological interventions, to further enhance students’ skills and help raise talented graduates that can effectively contribute to a knowledge-based economy and make Qatar’s National Vision 2030 a reality.
The College of Health Sciences invites applications for positions Respiratory Therapy faculty at Assistant Professor and Senior Lecturer ranks.
Reporting to the Department Head, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development, delivery and evaluation of a broad range of courses in Respiratory Therapy within the College of Health Sciences. S/he will evaluate student progress and manage the resources of the learning environment. The successful candidate will liaise with industry and other educational institutions; participate in industry advisory committees and coordinate, manage and control projects within the specified program area. Faculty members will keep course portfolio documents required for accreditation processes and engage in instructional development/improvement plans. All employees are expected to contribute to professional and community life within the University and beyond.
Education and Experience Requirements
Faculty members will be placed in the appropriate rank based on their education and experience. The broad criteria are noted below.
For Assistant Professor:
PhD or an equivalent terminal degree in a Medical and/or Respiratory Therapy field(s) from a recognized, accredited institution, and current license or registration with a recognized registry/licensing body is required.
- Postdoctoral training and several years of teaching experience, along with 5 years of employment experience as a registered/licensed healthcare practitioner/professional is required.
- Demonstrated contribution to the advancement of learning by the leadership of teaching and curriculum development.
- Candidates must have professional recognition and standing amongst peers; and academic subject leadership or academic management.
Scholarship and Research
- Demonstrated contribution to the advancement of knowledge through applied research, scholarship, publication, knowledge transfer or professional practice which would be expected to be international in its scope.
- Candidates must have recent publication(s) in peer-reviewed journals.
For Senior Lecturer:
- Master’s degree in a field relevant to Respiratory Therapy from a recognized, accredited institution, and current license or registration with a recognized registry/licensing body is required.
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Education (e.g. Post-secondary Education, Adult Education or Vocational Education) is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years teaching experience in a post-secondary, adult training or industry training environment, along with 5 years of employment experience as RT or registered/licensed healthcare practitioner/professional is required.
Scholarship and Research
Preference will be given to candidates who have record of successful participation/leadership in applied research projects
Other required skills
- Commitment to applied and experiential learning as a pedagogy and a key feature of UDST’s mandate.
- Ability to design, develop, deliver, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessments incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in program outcomes.
- Digital literacy and demonstrated fluency in technology systems, and an ability to model and facilitate use of current and emerging digital tools to support research and learning.
- Demonstrated ability to develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable students to be active participants in their own learning.
- Commitment to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession through self-driven continuous professional development and life-long learning.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Collaborative and collegial spirit and a demonstrated ability to establish rapport with learners, colleagues, sponsor-employers, and members of the community.
- Experience in leadership and innovation in technology-based projects.
Applicants must meet all essential qualifications in order to be shortlisted for the position; other qualifications may be a deciding factor in selection. Qualifications and experience will be assessed through your application, which may include but not be limited to curricula vitae, cover letters, references, teaching dossiers and sample publications. It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide appropriate examples that illustrate how s/he meets each requirement. Failing to do so could result in the application being rejected. We thank all applicants for applying for the role; only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.