The Department of Occupational Therapy at Misericordia University is currently accepting applications for a full-time (10 month) faculty position to begin August 2020. Rank, tenure-track status, and salary are dependent upon the applicant’s experience and qualifications.
The Department of Occupational Therapy offers an accredited professional entry-level degree MSOT program. The entry level OTD degree program is currently granted candidacy accreditation status. We also offer a post-professional clinical doctorate in occupational therapy which culminates in each student developing an individualized doctoral capstone project under close faculty mentorship.
Misericordia University is a teaching-centered institution with a commitment to
community service. The curriculum has a strong foundation in occupation, evidence-
based practice, community leadership, and dynamic clinical reasoning. Successful candidates will join an experienced faculty with diverse clinical and educational backgrounds.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· Earned doctorate (PhD, EdD, DSc, OTD
) from an accredited institution.
certification and eligible for Pennsylvania licensure.
· Minimum of five years of clinical experience.
· Teaching experience in higher education and online curricula.
· Preferred expertise in psychosocial dysfunction, adult/geriatric physical rehabilitation, and community-based practice.
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Leadership, innovation, and creativity.
Responsibilities include teaching in areas of expertise and supervising graduate research
projects, active participation in scholarly activities, student advisement, and service to the
University, community, and the profession.