The School of Nursing at California State University, Fullerton has three tenure‐track assistant or associate professor positions with appointments to begin August 2022. The three positions are:
1) Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner/Nurse Midwifery Program
2) RN Pre-licensure Program Coordinator
3) Faculty member with content expertise relevant to nursing education, leadership, or population health in graduate and undergraduate education as well as the ability to support the scholarly culminating work of students
California State University, Fullerton is a minority-serving institution, and an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to increasing the diversity of the campus community and the curriculum, and fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Candidates who can contribute to this goal through their teaching, research, advising, and other activities are encouraged to highlight their strengths and experiences in these areas in their application. Individuals advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals and those from groups whose underrepresentation in the American professoriate has been severe and longstanding are particularly encouraged to apply.
CSUF Nursing faculty are committed teacher/scholars/clinicians who bring research and clinical practice to life for students in classrooms, clinical settings, and individually mentored projects. They teach across programs and serve on school, college, and university-wide committees.
The primary responsibilities of the person in this position will be teaching clinical and didactic courses in their area of nursing expertise and will include the development and teaching of introductory and core courses in the discipline, and the development of courses in their area(s) of nursing specialization. This person will also be responsible for producing scholarship commensurate with the requirements for tenure. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to and participate in the life and development of the school, advise students, serve on committees, and participate in the broader university and disciplinary communities.
- An unencumbered California RN license prior to employment
- An earned doctorate in Nursing or related field; if in unrelated field, must have a master’s in Nursing
- Demonstrated ability, or potential for, and willingness to teach at the university level (graduate and undergraduate): didactic and clinical nursing content in area of expertise; eligibility for BRN approval is required if necessary for area of content expertise
- Demonstrated ability or potential for research, scholarly, and creative activities
- Demonstrated ability or potential for active service contribution and leadership in SON, university, and professional associations
- The ability to work collegially with diverse faculty, staff, and students
- Commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population including first‐generation college students
- Clinical specialization and experience in an area of registered nursing or advanced practice nursing, e.g., in psych/mental health, medical surgical nursing, pediatrics, obstetrics/women’s health, family practice, population/public health, leadership and/or informatics
- In addition, supplementary required qualifications are:
- For the position in the Nurse Midwifery-Women’s Health Program, national certification as a Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner is required with a preference for national certification as both a Nurse Midwife and a Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner
- For the Pre-licensure Coordination position, at least one year of administrative responsibility for a registered nurse pre-licensure program with CA BRN approval or eligibility for such approval as Director or Assistant Director
A complete on‐line application must be received by electronic submission in order to receive consideration. To apply, visit https://hr.fullerton.edu/careers/faculty.php to view all job listings and select position number #500779 to begin the application process and provide the following required materials:
- Letter of application in which you respond to the required qualifications
- Curriculum vitae
- Research statement
- Teaching statement
- Candidate Statement on Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
- This statement provides your unique perspective on past and present contributions to promoting diversity, inclusion, and social justice in your professional career, including your aspirations to support CSUF’s diverse student and surrounding community populations. Please discuss how you have addressed diversity in your teaching, research, and/or service such that the committee is able to assess your ability to contribute to our campus in these areas.
- A list of three references with relevant contact information
- Finalists will be asked to have three letters of recommendation submitted on their behalf. On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three persons who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. When you are identified as a finalist, an email request will be sent to your provided list of references with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back in to the recruitment system.
Please direct all questions about the position to Dr. Penny Weismuller at email@example.com.
To be assured full consideration, all application materials must be received by September 15th, 2021. The anticipated appointment date is August 2022.
The College and Department
The College of Health and Human Development provides exemplary education, research, and community outreach related to human health, development, and lifelong well-being. Within the College of Health and Human Development, the School of Nursing is committed to educate and transform nurses to practice in dynamic healthcare environments with diverse populations.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications and is subject to budgetary authorization and any California State University System faculty contract increases. Summer research grants, moving expenses, start‐up funds, and a reduced teaching load may be available. An excellent comprehensive benefits package is available that includes health/vision/dental plans; spouse, domestic partner, and dependent fee‐waiver; access to campus child‐care; and a defined‐benefit retirement through the state system along with optional tax sheltering opportunities. For a detailed description of benefits, please visit https://hr.fullerton.edu/total-wellness/
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be formally offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self‐disclose.