The founding Program Director for the Clinical Laboratory Scientist program will be responsible for the attainment of accreditation from National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science and the state of California, Department of Health Services. The position is responsible for program organization, administration, fiscal management, ongoing review and assessment and planning and development.
1. Responsible for the academic quality of the program and the development of a supportive educational environment including the periodic evaluation of the effectiveness of the program.
2. Provides leadership for specialized accreditation at the state and national level.
3. With direction of the Dean of University College, shares with administration and faculty the responsibility for recruitment, hiring, mentoring and professional development within the program.
4. Uses innovative instruction and technology in the development and delivery of the curriculum.
5. Assists in identifying, recruiting and securing clinical sites for the programs.
6. Responsible for conducting business with the program.
7. Conduct faculty evaluations and provide development opportunities.
8. Ensure that all faculty understand their responsibilities such as submission of grades, selection of textbooks, office hours, student advising etc.
9. Oversee budget and manage program resources ethically and responsibly in accordance with School of Dentistry and university policy.
10. Responsible for all program assessment, program review and ongoing accreditation communication and documentation both specialized and regional within the reporting structure of University College.
11. Collaborates with Marketing and Admissions offices to promote the program, recruit new students, and maintain a full complement of students enrolled in the program.
12. Develops, with other faculty members, admissions standards and criteria.
13. In accordance with handbooks, monitors student progress and assists with student issues.
14. Works with faculty to develop and implement student retention plans.
15. Represents the program to the community and healthcare organizations.
16. With support of the Dean of University College, develops and maintains an advisory board for the program.
17. May teach in areas of expertise.
18. Other related duties as assigned or requested by the Dean of University College.