Assistant Professor of Nurse Anesthesia
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks an Assistant Professor of Nurse Anesthesia that will promote Marian University’s Catholic mission and identity by advising/mentoring program students, serving as a primary advisor on DNP scholarly projects, and working collaboratively with the graduate nursing faculty/Marian University faculty and staff. Candidates who do not currently possess a doctoral degree but are experientially qualified and enrolled in a doctoral program with an expected degree completion within 12-18 months of application may be considered for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual in courses, programs, and services.
- Designs and delivers course material based on the graduate philosophy, course description, course outcomes, and program outcomes.
- Translates learning material to online, hybrid, and synchronized classes.
- Evaluates student work and clinical performance based on outcome rubrics/clinical evaluations.
- Monitors and evaluates student e-portfolios.
- Advises/Mentors assigned program students.
- Serves as an advisor for students’ DNP Scholarly Projects.
- Engages in clinical practice to maintain professional skills and serve as a model/resource for
faculty and students.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University.
- Doctoral degree in nursing or related field from an accredited institution strongly preferred (PhD, DNP, DNAP).
- Candidates with experiential qualification and current enrollment in a doctoral program or current enrollment in program with expected completion within 12-18 months of application may be considered.
- Current CRNA certification.
- Evidence of current clinical practice.
- Current member of AANA and current RN/APRN licensure in state of residence.
- Eligibility for IN RN license.
- Previous experience in higher learning education preferred.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Competency in MS Office products.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a current resume, responses to supplemental mission questions and contact information for three professional references.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel objects, equipment, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.