Search for University Jobs in Health Sciences
Pharmacist (9249C) (Per Diem), University Health Services - 37097
University of California, Berkeley
Pharmacist (9249C) (Per Diem), University Health Services - 37097
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
University Health Services (UHS) serves the campus by providing fully accredited primary and urgent medical care, counseling and psychological services and innovative health promotion programs for UC Berkeley's students, faculty and staff. The UHS provides on-campus medical and mental health care and coordinates off-campus care through a network of community specialists and hospitals, as well as telehealth services. Departments serving UHS patients include general medical, specialty and urgent care clinics, counseling and psychological services, laboratory, pharmacy, physical therapy, radiology and health promotion. In addition, the UHS administers a major medical insurance plan, UC Berkeley's Student Health Insurance Plan.
The Pharmacy Department at University Health Services provides pharmaceutical services to UHS eligible patients, including undergraduate and graduate students of UC Berkeley. The department also supplies the various clinics at UHS with pharmaceuticals. In addition, the staff serves as a resource for drug information for students, faculty and staff. The department fills more than 55,000 prescriptions annually.
Our operating hours are Monday through Friday 8am-7pm, and Saturday and Sunday 10am-4pm during the academic year.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: June 21, 2022.
- Under general supervision of the Pharmacy Director, the Per Diem pharmacist is responsible for provision and documentation of medications and medication-related services to patients according to standards established by UC Berkeley's University Health Services Department of Pharmacy.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision; a person who is open to new ideas; and a creative and flexible individual who is comfortable working in a large, complex organization.
- They will possess the personal characteristics of professionalism, credibility, commitment to high standards, innovation, discriminating judgment and accountability.
- They will also demonstrate knowledge of pharmacy regulations for both California and the federal government.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Supervisory skills to include workload management, ability to operate computer systems and supervise both pharmacy technicians and intern pharmacists.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work variable shifts including weekdays and weekends, sometimes with same-day notice.
- Doctorate of Pharmacy degree or equivalent clinical experience.
- Clear and current Registered Pharmacist's License issued by the State of California.
- Minimum two (2+) or more years of outpatient or community pharmacy experience.
- Must be able to work various hours based on business needs, including weekdays (8 AM to 7 PM) and weekends (10 AM to 4 PM), sometimes with same-day notice.
- Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with boosters with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
- Prior experience with adolescent / young adult populations.
- Comfortability working with diverse populations (BIPOC, LGBTQ+, people of different abilities, etc.).
- Minimum 1 year experience with ProPharm and Point and Click (PnC) EHR.
- Completion of Certification of Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery.
- Completion of Certification of Furnishing Hormonal Contraceptives as authorized by the California State Board of Pharmacy.
Salary & Benefits
- Per Diem appointment type with variable hours.
- Your employment is dependent on obtaining and maintaining a credentialing clearance (if applicable), background clearance and medical clearance according to University Health Service policies.
- University Health Services is recruiting for three (3) Pharmacists.
- This position is governed by the terms and conditions in the agreement for the Health Care Professionals Unit (HX) between the University of California and the University Professional and Technical Employees (UPTE). The current bargaining agreement manual can be found at: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/labor/bargaining-units/hx/index.html
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Employment is contingent upon passing a physical exam.
This position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter required to report the observed or suspected abuse or neglect of children, dependent adults, or elders to designated law enforcement or social service agencies. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon completion of signed statements acknowledging the responsibilities of a Mandated Reporter.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=37097&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |