Dean, College of Nursing (3718)
Posting Number: req809
Working 12 Months per year
Division of Health Sciences
Pocatello – Main
The Dean is responsible for external and internal leadership and management with the College of Nursing. The Dean is the academic and operational leader of the College and has oversight for strategic planning, budgeting, development, enhancement initiatives, assuring external funding to support growth of the College, faculty development, accreditation and professional standards. The Dean is responsible for day-to-day management of faculty, staff and students, and for creating innovative opportunities to assure the development and progression of student educational experiences. The Dean will work to enhance scholarship, ensure student satisfaction, provide collaborative leadership to faculty and staff, and promote the College through enhancement of external partnerships.
Strategic planning, development, enhancement initiatives, assuring external funding to support growth of the CON, faculty development, accreditation and professional standards, and day-to-day management of CON faculty, staff and students.
- Masters Degree in Nursing
- Earned Doctoral Degree
- Administrative and teaching experience in nursing education.
- Budget, financial planning, and projection planning experience.
- Documented track record of scholarship (funded and scholarly publications).
- Superior communication skills: written, verbal, listening and presentation.
- Experience with interdisciplinary program and external facility collaboration.
- Caring and collaborative management style.
- Doctoral degree in Nursing (PhD in Nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP))
- Experience with accreditation process, preferably with CCNE.
- Multisite program/campus management experience.
- Background working with diverse populations (faculty/staff and students)
- Experience with fundraising.
- Desire to work in a rural setting
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=809&site=1Please submit the following documents with your application:
Full Curriculum Vitae; Letter of Intent which describes how the candidate meets the job requirements and includes a personal philosophy statement regarding teaching, service, research/scholarship, leadership, and education (this should be limited to two (2) pages); and a list of three (3) professional references with contact information.
Position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.