WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF NURSING
Washington State University College of Nursing, Spokane, Washington
NOTICE OF VACANCY
CLINICAL ASSISTANT OR ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR FACULTY POSITIONS 2019-2020
is seeking exceptional faculty applicants to contribute to our mission to deliver excellent academic programs and to engage in research and service in partnership with educational institutions and community stakeholders.
With campuses in Spokane, Vancouver, Tri-Cities, and classroom sites in Yakima and Walla Walla, the College serves more than 1,000 students and offers a) pre-licensure baccalaureate, b) RN to BSN, c) Master of Nursing (MN) and post- master's certificate program, d) a Doctor of Nursing Practice with a focus on Family or Psychiatric/Mental Health and e) a PhD programs. Our alumni and faculty are recognized for their contributions to research, clinical practice, service and leadership at local, regional, state and national levels. Our contributions to the research foci of 1) Behavioral Health; 2) Community and Public Health; 3) Educational Innovations and Outcomes; 4) Patient Care, Quality and Safety contribute to the health and well-being of our populations and to the ongoing transformation of healthcare now and in the future.
Washington State University's Health Sciences campus in Spokane is an urban campus centrally located near downtown Spokane in the University District. WSU Health Sciences Spokane prepares the state's future generations of nurses, pharmacists, physicians and other health professionals, and houses world-class research that leads to healthier people and communities. WSU has worked closely with Spokane's business, healthcare, and nonprofit leaders for 50 years, and continues to embrace a culture of interprofessional health care education, research, and practice that focuses on community partnerships.
Spokane offers abundant natural beauty, four distinct seasons and 171 sunny days each year. Located in Eastern Washington, Spokane is the largest city between Minneapolis and Seattle and a major center for health care. For more information about the College of Nursing and the open positions go to http://www.nursing.wsu.edu
Description of Position:
The faculty member will be responsible for: 1) teaching undergraduate, master's and/or doctoral students, 2) providing service to the university, community and profession of nursing, 3) evidence-based clinical innovation and/or scholarship, 4) advising undergraduate and graduate students, and 5) serving on master's and doctoral committees.
Clinical professors are at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor. Salary and rank are dependent upon experience and qualifications.
1) A doctoral degree in nursing or related field by date of hire.
2) Clinical expertise, including eligibility for RN licensure in Washington State.
3) Demonstrated ability to implement practice-based research studies addressing salient nursing and health care issues.
4) Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and the reduction of health disparities.
1) Experience in teaching and advising graduate and/or undergraduate students.
2) Experience with technology assisted education modalities.
3) Experience working with diverse populations and/or students.
4) Nursing leadership experience.
5) Eligible for certification as an ARNP (FNP, PMHNP or CNS) and licensure in Washington State and Oregon State.
6) Interdisciplinary/interprofessional collaboration in practice and/or education.
Clinical faculty will be responsible for:
The online application requires:
- Teaching undergraduate, master and/or doctoral students.
- Advising undergraduate and graduate students.
- Maintaining an ongoing program of scholarship.
- Publishing and/or presenting scholarly findings.
- Serving on graduate student committees.
- Providing service to the university community and profession.
1) A cover letter describing education and experience as related to the required and preferred qualifications, 2) curriculum vitae, 3) names and contact information for four professional references
WSU Spokane is a tobacco-free campus.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.