Stephens College, Columbia, MO, is seeking a full-time, non-tenure track faculty member to direct the new online Masters in Health Information Management Graduate Program. This position reports to the Dean, School of Health Sciences and is an on-campus position.
The successful candidate will teach courses in the HIM curriculum and work on all processes involved from initial start-up of program to successful CAHIIM accreditation. We are seeking a candidate who will energetically support the HIM Program and also collaborate with the HIA Program Director in course and curriculum development, assessment, and help maintain the high quality of instruction that is the hallmark of the Stephens College Online Health Information programs.
1. Responsible for initial program accreditation, annual curriculum review, mapping of CAHIIM competencies, course revision, new course design and development, and program assessment
2. Maintain a teaching load of 6-9 credit hours/semester
3. Student advisement
4. Attendance at campus meetings, Health Science school meetings, faculty meetings, convocation, graduation and other events as required. In addition, on campus faculty are required to be active members of faculty committees.
- Minimum of a PhD degree in a relevant field and current RHIA credential required
- Related professional experience
- Knowledge of CAHIIM program development, competencies, course development and design, curriculum mapping, and assessment
- Effective experience teaching at the graduate and undergraduate college level
- Experience in developing HIM Programs and accreditation at the Bachelors and Masters level
- Previous online teaching experience
- Experience in online course design and delivery principles
- Commitment to supporting and mentoring students to include informative feedback and responses within 48-72 hours.
- Knowledge of NeehrPerfect Online Learning Lab
- Experience with the AHIMA VLAB
- Experience in meeting ADA online course/instruction requirements
The Health Administration Program currently offers the Bachelor of Science in HIA and a post baccalaureate certificate in HIA. Both programs are delivered online.
Stephens College offers excellent benefits, including vacation/holiday/sick pay, health/dental/life insurance, tuition waiver and College-paid retirement plan.
To Apply: Qualified applicants should:
1. Complete the online Stephens College application
2. Submit the following to email@example.com:
- A cover letter describes how the applicant’s qualifications and experience align with the job description.
- Current curriculum vitae
- Names of three references with contact information
Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check.