L’Université de Sherbrooke and the Department of Obstetrics-gynecology of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences invites application for a full-time position as a Research professor. This is a full-time professor tenure track position.
The sought candidates must have a training in physiology, pharmacology and/or biochemistry. Their research expertise must complement the Department skills and current research themes. Hence, special consideration will be given to candidates with a focus of investigation in the physiology and pathophysiology of membrane interface or lipid signaling related to perinatology.
- Teach in French in the Faculty’s programs, from the first to the third cycle, and actively participate in the supervision of residents and postdoctoral fellows.
- Supervise graduate students.
- Participate in university life and contribute to the community.
- Establish an independent research program including obtaining peer-reviewed external grant funding (e.g., CIHR, NSERC), as well as a personal support award (e.g., FRQ-S).
- Develop his/her own scientific niche in collaboration with the clinician-researchers of the institution and lead an independent research program in the area of gravid uterine sphere, placenta and fetal membranes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- A PhD in life sciences (e.g., Physiology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry).
- Postdoctoral training for a minimum of 3 years in related life science fields.
- A track record of productivity, i.e., high quality scientific publications.
- Experience in teaching and training undergraduate and graduate students.
- Ability to lead graduate students.
- A marked interest and good aptitudes in teaching and pedagogy, as well as in research, development and innovation.
- A leadership, enterprise and excellent ability to communicate efficiently with internal and external partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills, collegiality and ability to lead and motivate teams.
- The ability to teach in core French, or the capability to reach it within 2 years.