The mission of the Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University (HNRCA) is to promote healthy aging through nutrition science to empower people seeking to enjoy long, active, and independent lives. HNRCA investigators conduct the world's most advanced studies on nutrition and aging. The research focuses on determining the nutrient and physical activity requirements necessary to promote well-being for older adults. HNRCA scientists examine how nutrition and physical activity play a major role in the prevention of the major chronic degenerative conditions and diseases associated with aging.
The goal of the HNRCA’s Energy Metabolism Team is to explore determinants of energy regulation throughout adult life and contribute to reducing the obesity epidemic and age-related chronic disease risk, both in the United States and worldwide. Studies are conducted on both nutrition (factors influencing energy intake and expenditure) and eating behavior.
This position may occasionally require work in the evenings as determined by study need. Also requires being on site for study participant facing and clinical research activities.
What You'll Do
- Bachelor's degree in nutrition or other health sciences field and 3+ years’ experience in a research setting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software suite, email, and web search
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Strong data management skills, including the ability to handle and organize data from different sources, and experience with data management software programs
- Completion of Human Subject Protection training through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) within two weeks of hire (required prior to interacting with participants)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interacts well with others
- Experience with REDCap or other research data collection databases
- Experience working within clinical trials and IRB guidance and policies
What We're Looking For
- Master’s degree in nutrition-related or health sciences–related field
- Experience with multi-site trials
Minimum $21.20, Midpoint $25.45, Maximum $29.70
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.