Associate Dean for Research and Scholarship, Director of the PhD Program
East Tennessee State University
College of Nursing
Provide administrative support and facilitate the development of faculty and clinical research and scholarship through the Center for Nursing Research. Develop a research infrastructure and support system in the College. Focus of activity is guiding, mentoring, and assisting faculty and clinical staff in the development or continuation of research programs and scholarship consistent with the mission of the College and facilitating inter-professional and collaborative relationships to further research and scholarship. Directs the PhD program.
Facilitate faculty in development or continuation of research and scholarship programs:
- Publicize research and scholarship activities and opportunities;
- Develop or continue approaches to recognition and communication regarding research and scholarship;
- Facilitate and mentor individual faculty in development or continuation of research programs, publications, and grant writing;
- Facilitate linkages within the College, the University, and external contacts surrounding research and scholarship; and
- Lead selected research and scholarship development activities with faculty.
Coordinate implementation of faculty research:
- Communicate and coordinate with Associate Dean for Graduate Programs and the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs regarding faculty research and scholarship and workloads;
- Identify and recommend faculty to receive targeted support for research and scholarship (to include public, private, state contracts/grant opportunities, and other federal opportunities);
- Coordinate with the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs and the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs to link honors-in-discipline undergraduate students and doctoral students with research faculty and inter-professional opportunities as appropriate; and
- Work with the doctoral students, faculty, and the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs, as appropriate, to develop viable research residency activities/DNP Projects/PhD Dissertations. May also involve concentration coordinators and program directors.
Plan and develop College of Nursing programs of research:
- Collaborate with the Associate Dean for Practice and Community Partnerships to facilitate practice-focused research projects within the College’s Faculty Practice Network;
- Facilitate research and scholarship among professional staff that fits with the College of Nursing mission and goals;
- Participate in strategic planning and reporting of accomplishments for the College of Nursing regarding research and scholarship; and
- Collaborate with community agencies and health systems in the development of joint research projects when appropriate.
Provide administrative and fiscal support related to grants and research:
- Work with the faculty to identify their research trajectory;
- Advance the research mission of the College of Nursing;
- Participate on research-related committees with the College, University, and Community;
- Review and sign internal routing sheet for all college grant proposals;
- Recommend CNR budget;
- Track grants and contracts awarded to the College of Nursing; and
- Administer college-level research awards and travel grants.
Serve as Director of the PhD Program:
- Participate in recruitment of PhD students;
- Collaborate with the Graduate Admissions adviser in the application process for potential PhD students;
- Maintain a consistent and planned review of the PhD curriculum and revise with faculty as needed;
- Oversee the evaluation of the PhD program with faculty and in collaboration with the College of Nursing’s Evaluation and Process Improvement Committee;
- Collaborate with the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs, other program directors, and concentration coordinators on the development, implementation, and evaluation of the intensives; and
- Oversee all directed self-studies and site reviews for the PhD program.
Maintain own program of research:
- Conduct research and continue to publish; and
- Seek internal and external grant funding.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
-Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
-Knowledge of statistics to match chosen research methodology.
-Knowledge of grant mechanisms for federal and foundation funding.
-Ability to write for publication and grant proposals.
-Knowledge and skills in conducting computer-based statistical computing through standard statistical systems (e.g., SPSS, SAS, qualitative systems, etc.)
-Research Doctorate in Nursing or related field
-Eligible for tenure at the Associate Professor level or above.
-Ongoing history of successful extramurally funded research and publications.
-Demonstration of effective communication and interpersonal skills.
-Demonstration of ability to work on inter-professional teams.
-Graduate Degree in Nursing
-Registered Nurse license in the State of Tennessee or compact state
-Demonstrated leadership ability and commitment to the profession
To apply and view full position description, please visit http://www.etsu.edu/jobs/, College of Nursing, then scroll down to posting F00257P.