Search for University Jobs in Health Sciences
Doctorate of Nursing Practice Program Coordinator (Graduate Nursing Programs)
Alcorn State University
This faculty/coordinator is responsible for the overall success of the DNP program including the development and implementation of the curriculum, clinical placements, and completions of students completing advanced nursing practice programs. This will be accomplished through high level planning, organization, and communication with administrators, faculty, students and student-generated preceptors and clinical sites. Requires flexibility for possible student/preceptor/clinical site visits, clinical calls and relationship-building with new clinical sites outside of the normal work day.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Satisfactory personnel evaluations.
- Interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Essential Job Functions
- Serve as administrator for Typhon – annually ensure new faculty members and students are added; graduated students are archived; and faculty resigned/retired are removed.
- Review and revise the graduate nursing student handbook for final distribution annually.
- Coordinate the development of comprehensive calendars and schedules and ensure timely distribution to students, faculty, and staff each semester.
- Recommend graduate program curriculum and other revisions based upon faculty feedback, program evaluations, and changes in accreditation and other professional program standards and guidelines.
- Coordinate the development, review, maintenance, and revision of all graduate clinical and preceptor forms/handbook annually.
- Ensure clinical rotations and experiences are appropriate for the courses and student level each semester.
- Provide aggregate data of any standardized exam for review and decision-making to enhance program improvement and development.
- Assist in the development of retention/success strategies to improve or maintain retention and graduation rates for all graduate nursing students.
- Assist in advising graduate students.
- Provide direction and counsel to faculty members and/or graduate students who need clarification regarding program of study, schedule, etc.
- Monitor the progress of graduate nursing students.
- Participate in the graduate nursing student application and selection process.
- Assist in the planning and delivery of orientations for graduate nursing students and faculty.
- Recommend purchase of instructional resources (materials, equipment, and supplies) for the graduate program.
- Assist in data collection for the Systematic Evaluation Plan (SEP) annually.
- Assist in maintaining program related documents and generating documents for organizational reporting and national/state nursing accreditation reporting.
- Mentor new faculty members in teaching, scholarship, service, and practice.
- Serve as representative on Graduate Council as assigned.
- Participate in University, state, and national program and policy-related meetings.
- Monitor academic standards for the program to which assigned.
- Teach program courses and conduct all duties and responsibilities pertinent to the faculty role as outlined in the SON faculty position description.
- Assist in the identification, recruitment, supervision, and evaluation of all DNP program faculty.
- Assist the Director of Graduate Programs in implementing the program budget to include the identification of fiscal, physical, and personnel needs.
- Assist the Director of Graduate Programs and faculty in resolving student issues.
- Plan and supervise nursing ceremonies related to the DNP program.
- Exhibit initiative, enthusiasm, collegiality, and teamwork in accomplishing the responsibilities of the position.
- Maintain currency of knowledge in nursing education and practice by attending state and national meetings of nursing educators and administrators and clinicians as the budget allows.
- Coordinate the practicum placement of students in conjunction with the Director of Graduate Programs, faculty, and other nursing program coordinators.
- Build a close relationship with current clinical sites.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Graduate Programs and/or Dean.
- Hold a master’s degree in nursing.
- Hold a doctorate of nursing practice (DNP).
- Personal and professional integrity consistent with the mission of this institution and school of nursing.
- Strong organizational skills and independent work initiative
- Evidence of effective problem solving, critical thinking, and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approach in identifying problems.
- Evidence of flexibility, willingness to change, open-mindedness, fairness, accepting responsibility, and personal growth.
Licensing and Certifications
- Current Mississippi Registered Nurse license.
- Current national certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Credentialed as a Family Nurse Practitioner in the state of Mississippi and other states as indicated.
- Hold current Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) licensure in the state of Mississippi.
EEO / ADA Statement
Alcorn State University is committed to the principles of equal opportunity, affirmative action, and diversity: It is the policy of Alcorn State University to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, physical and/or mental disability, and/or political affiliation. This policy applies to all employees -regardless of position, consultants, and applicants for employment.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |