Search for University Jobs in Health Sciences
EFNEP-Temporary Nutrition Educator Durham County
North Carolina A & T State University
This position delivers education through EFNEP, the Expanded Food, and Nutrition Education Program. Consistent with the philosophy, policy, and overall mission, goals, and educational objectives of the Cooperative Extension at N.C. A&T. EFNEP is a federally funded educational program which strives to improve the health of limited resource youth and families with young children through practical lessons in nutrition. Tasks include teaching nutrition to limited resource youth and adults, focused customer service, marketing, event scheduling, expense reporting, and instructional assistants. Renewal of the position is contingent on the availability of funds.
This position is located in the Durham County Extension Center, Durham, NC. Due to the clientele being reached, the candidate should be fluent in Spanish and English.
Knowledge – Program
- Applies knowledge of EFNEP’s mission and services to provide education on the principles of nutrition and diet, food safety, and physical activity to eligible participants.
- Uses in-depth understanding of EFNEP goals and policies to recruit and enroll youth in the program, involve community volunteers in leadership roles, market the program to target audiences, collaborate with extension staff and local agencies, assist with the securing of program resources, and submit required reports.
- Works along with the EFNEP Coordinator and the 4-H Agent and Family and Consumer Science Agent to meet the needs of the county as identified by the local advisory council.
- Deliver curricula through regular group activities and collecting required data from participating youth and volunteers.
- Attends training and meetings as designated by County Extension Director, EFNEP Coordinator, and state staff.
- Utilizes knowledge of federal, state, and local policies and procedures and maintains participant confidentiality.
- Searches for research-based information relative to assignments or programs using online reference libraries, internet searches, office files, and reference manuals.
- Researches collects and integrates data from various sources, including the development and writing of reports.
- Serves as an information source and problem solver for program policies and processes.
- Maintains calendar, meeting schedules and makes travel arrangements as needed.
- Compiles and summarizes data from well-established sources; prepares and completes a variety of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Reviews and verifies records and reports to ensure the required information is complete and accurate.
- Coordinates the logistics of program or training events, including room or facility requirements, and set up.
- Coordinates obtaining information for monthly bulletins, holiday flyers, and other distribution outlets.
- May participate in the preparation of annual budget development and submission by organizing the collection of information, assisting agents with computer input, briefing to management, and subsequent revisions
- Receives telephone calls and visitors; gives out detailed information regarding program activities; refers caller to appropriate program area or personnel.
- Responds to inquiries from the general public by telephone, e-mail and in person, regarding programs, related program services, and upcoming events.
- Welcomes and registers participants via email or hardcopy, collecting fees and processing accurately.
- Events may include workshops, conferences, production meetings, field days, classes, achievement programs, and advisory committee meetings. Coordinates with county Extension staff to provide participants with additional educational opportunities.
- Coordinates with collaborating agencies to provide opportunities to teach on-site, in group settings, and to access additional program resources.
- Supports and interacts with county advisory groups in programming for the target audience.
- Informs 4-H Agent of group formation and volunteer involvement.
- Recruits and trains volunteers in the day-to-day program delivery to extend the ability to reach eligible participants.
- Reviews incoming email to keep informed on the status of matters being handled; forwards email to appropriate staff, handles routine email correspondence, and independently prepares appropriate replies.
Researches collects and integrates data from various sources, including the development and writing of reports.
- Utilizes computerized equipment and various word processing, spreadsheet, and file maintenance programs to enter, store, and retrieve information as requested or otherwise required.
- Types materials from typed or handwritten copy using a variety of complicated formats for preparing correspondence, reports, and manuscripts, with responsibility for accuracy of spelling, punctuation, format and grammar.
- Performs specialized marketing work in creating newsletters, maintaining websites, and social media pages.
- Sends public service announcements using a variety of media regarding upcoming classes. Maintains a program library of marketing collateral.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |