The Department of Family and Consumer Sciences at Olivet Nazarene University (ONU) is recruiting a non-tenured track assistant professor who will be responsible for the oversight of the undergraduate dietetic program. This is a 9-month position. The distribution of effort is 83% teaching, and program direction is 17%.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains DPD program oversight and accreditation through ACEND
2. Teach undergraduate dietetic courses
3. Recruit, mentor, and advise students
4. Serve on University committees
Act as faculty sponsor for Student Dietetic Association
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. A lifestyle in agreement with the ONU Statement of Mission, Faith, and Lifestyle Covenant.
2. Ability to teach at the collegiate level
3. Evidence of strong oral and written communication skills
4. Previous work experience in clinical dietetics.
MS in a nutrition related field (MBA, MPH, MS in Food/Nutrition/Dietetics). Registered and Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist in the State of Illinois.
Only candidates who submit all required documents will be considered: curriculum vitae, cover letter, statement of faith, transcripts, two references with contact information, teaching philosophy that also includes your experience teaching students from diverse backgrounds and how that shapes your pedagogy, and application questions. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.