THE COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
The College of Health Sciences (CHS) aims to advance health care in Vietnam and the world through leading education, innovative research, and technology. Our mission is:
- To develop world-class research and providing outstanding health care education
- To pioneer the country’s health sciences education and reform
- To attract and develop healthcare leaders to advance health sciences locally and globally.
Our strategic partner within Vingroup is Vinmec Healthcare System – the leading private, not-for-profit health care provider in Vietnam, which currently encompasses 7 hospitals and 4 outpatient clinics throughout Vietnam (with more than 1,600 beds), together with its medical research institutes and centers. Vinmec is the only healthcare provider in Vietnam offering 2 hospitals with Joint-Commission International (JCI) accreditation (in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city). The Vinmec Times City in Hanoi is our primary teaching hospital for the College of Health Sciences. It received the first JCI accreditation in 2015, the re-accreditation in 2018, and is currently the only teaching hospital in Vietnam with JCI recognition.
With a vision to advance health care through research, the College of Health Sciences will also offer research opportunities in all our programs and provide a supportive research environment for our faculty and students. Taking advantage of being in the ecosystem of Vingroup with a number of technology and service-oriented companies such as Vinpearl, VinHomes, VinFast, VinSmart, etc., the College will cooperate closely with these companies in research to create breakthrough technology & healthcare products and solutions.
Currently, the College offers undergraduate degree programs in Nursing and Medicine while there are three residency programs offered i.e. in Internal Medicine, Surgery, and Pediatrics. All of the health sciences programs are competency-based, developed with the University of Pennsylvania’s technical support. With UPenn’s certified and validated curricula, world-class international and Vietnamese faculty members, modern pedagogical approaches, and infrastructure at the forefront of technology, we will prepare our students to become healthcare leaders, innovators, and scientists with an entrepreneurial mindset and as prospective agents of change in the future.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Work closely with the Penn and VinUniversity educational leaders, on all aspects of the implementation of an integrated curriculum in the MD Program with a special focus on Anatomy and Embryology.
- Incorporates active teaching and learning practices using small group teaching, lectures and online teaching with interactive resources.
- Participates in research activities of the MD Education Unit and engage in continuous professional development activities.
- Advise and mentor MD students and junior colleagues in the MD Education team.
- Contributes to the implementation of MD Program through other responsibilities as negotiated and assigned by the MD Program Director.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Have a master/doctorate degree in Anatomy/Basic Sciences from established prestigious universities.
- Have a strong knowledge of the subject area.
- Have a strong record of research accomplishments or potential for future accomplishments (research track).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
The position is offered at Lecturer/Senior Lecturer level with a possibility of appointment at a higher level for applicants with established record of excellence in teaching, research, and management.
The salary and benefits are internationally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via https://apply.interfolio.com/102641 and submit (1) a cover letter, (2) a resume and (3) two recommendation letters.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
- Work permit: VinUniversity will assist in and provide advice for obtaining the necessary paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, work permit, insurance, etc.). However, it is your responsibility to ensure that you can satisfy all the paper requirements in a timely manner.
- According to Vietnamese Law, expatriates are required to submit all necessary documents for a work permit on the first day in Vietnam. For more information about the necessary documents, please refer to the information in this link.
- Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living and expatriates can live a very comfortable life here with a moderate expenditure.
VinUniversity (VinUni: https://vinuni.edu.vn/) is the first private, not-for-profit Vietnamese university established based on international standards. The university integrates the models of excellent international universities with the unique cultural and economic characteristics of Vietnam, to make a breakthrough in Vietnamese higher education and to become a world-class university.
VinUni has strategic collaborations with the world’s leading universities, including Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania. These universities have become close advisors and crucial enablers in establishing the three colleges at VinUni: College of Business and Management, College of Engineering and Computer Science, and College of Health Sciences. Every aspect of the University: its curricula, research, faculty, student body, facilities, and campus life, is being developed to meet the highest standards set by the world’s leading accrediting and ranking organizations, such as ABET, AACSB, Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) and Times Higher Education (THE).
VinUni’s founding benefactor Vingroup is one of the biggest private conglomerates in Asia with the largest market capitalization value in Vietnam. As a multisector corporation, Vingroup focuses on three main areas: Technology; Industrials; and Property Services. VinUni is proud to be a part of the Vingroup ecosystem, giving its students opportunities to connect with several high quality research institutes (such as VinAI, VinBrain, and Vin BigData), pioneering industrial enterprises (such as VinSmart and VinFast), and leading Vietnamese companies (such as Vinpearl, Vincom Retail, Vinmec, and Vinhomes).