Qatar University Profile: Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Department Profile: It has been proven that excellence in teaching and effective research are inextricably interrelated in today’s academic world, and that innovation in programs and classrooms is constantly enriched by those faculty members actively engaging in research. Like in most modern Universities around the world, one of Qatar University’s strategic aims is to develop and enhance research that meets its standards of excellence. Our Office is responsible for providing administrative, secretarial, and executive support for all elements of the University’s research activities. The Office also manages the University’s internal research funding schemes, and all aspects (other than financial) of external grants and research agreements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Biomedical Research Centre within Research Centre at Qatar University is seeking a full time post-doctoral researcher to lead the designated research project in Biomedical research field. The individual hired will work as a leader of a small team at the Centre and extensively collaborate with national or international teams of the collaborative parties.
- Supervising and Participating in research activities including sample preparation / testing, data / information gathering and Interpretation;
- Collaborate with researchers and labs technicians in the planning, implementation, and evaluatioof research projects;
- Produce high quality research papers to be published in international reviewed journals;
- Assist with providing practical training during workshops related to the scientific / research field;
- Liaise with equipment suppliers regarding procured equipment technical specifications;
- Maintain confidentiality of information at all times;
- Perform other tasks as necessary
Education and Certifications:
- PhD from a reputable institution, in Biomedical Science/Biomedical Engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 2 journal papers as first author (preferably Q1)
- Minimum of 2 international conference presentations-
- English Language verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge in biochemistry, molecular cell biology, genetics, cardiovascular physiology and developmental biology
- Proficiency in molecular biology techniques such as PCR, western blot, immunohistology
- Minimum of three years In vitro / in vivo experience
- Research field should be relevant to cardiovascular/metabolic syndromes
- Student supervision experience is a plus
- Grant writing experience is a plus
- Strong expertise and knowledge of the designated Biomedical Science field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Has knowledge of commonly used BSL-2 lab concepts, practices, and procedures.
1. Curriculum Vitea with cover letter.
2. Experience Certificates.
3. At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
1. Current Curriculum Vitea.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
1. Competitive tax-free salary.
2. Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
3. Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
4. Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
5. Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
6. End-of-contract indemnity.
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate’s children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.
1. Returning Applicant: Please login to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
2. New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online System and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Academic
End Date of Advertisement 16-Aug-2020