Simmons University is looking for a Registered Nurse to manage our COVID Testing Site.
Simmons has contracted with the Broad Institute in Cambridge for onboarding and surveillance testing of the Simmons Community. We also use the CoVerified App to monitor daily symptom reporting for all those on or coming to campus. This person would report to the Administrative Director of Health Services for the University
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the daily operation of the COVID testing site;
- Recruit, organize, train and support students who may be of assistance in the day to day operation of the testing site;
- Establish and sustain working relationships with third party resources such as Broad, CoVerified and trouble shoot any issues as they arise;
- Overseeing adherence to the testing and symptom reporting policies of the University and follow-up with appropriate staff and managers;
- Daily review of positive symptom reports;
- Coordinate and assist Residential Life Staff with Isolation/Quarantine Protocol and adherence;
- Assist Health Services with contact tracing and following of students in Isolation and Quarantine
- Work closely with the Health Protocol Working Group to address ongoing issues as they arise and work with other Simmons Working Groups as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge of evolving COVID best practices.
Required Application Materials:
- Possession of a current Massachusetts RN license
- CPR Certification
- Adapts to change in a positive, professional and productive manner
- Basic computer skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Preference for someone with administrative and/or operational oversight experience.
This is a 40 hour / week, non-benefits eligible, temporary position from approximately mid-January 2021 through May 2021.
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/COVID-Testing-Site-Manager-for-Simmons-University_R07243
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.