Search for University Jobs in Health Sciences
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The University at Buffalo School of Nursing (UB SON) invites applicants for a Simulation Coordinator. Responsibilities include:
- Manage, assess, and evaluate daily simulation activities.
- Hire, supervise and manage performance of student/graduate assistants, and standardized patients working in the simulation lab.
- Continuously evaluate functioning of simulation equipment and software and coordinate repair, replacement, rental and/or purchase.
- Perform other duties as required, such as participation in on-campus labs, to support the ongoing mission and strategic plan of UB SON.
- Provide organized, best-practice teaching and learning environments for the faculty, students, and community learners.
- Oversee, participate in, and contribute to a safe learning environment, keep current with safety regulations, provide training and enforcement of safety regulation policies and procedures; inspect and maintain safety equipment.
- Use research findings and educational strategies related to simulation.
- Participate in the application of learning strategies used in simulation and learning by: Assuring access to scheduled, supervised practice sessions. Providing simulation education experience for faculty and staff. Consulting on simulation development, design, and curriculum integration for UB SON.
- Serve as resource to faculty in development and evaluation of educational materials and the integration of simulation into the curriculum.
- Provide support for all data collection for metrics of the simulation lab and to support faculty research re: simulation curricula.
- Assist in developing, presenting, and evaluating programs on specific skills and/or techniques; evaluate ongoing programs and recommends appropriate modifications.
- Assist faculty in identifying new concepts, techniques, and materials and incorporate as appropriate.
- Provide ongoing support in quality assurance and best practices in simulation.
- Conduct and participate in tours of the Simulation Labs.
- Engage in strategic partnerships with community agencies, local healthcare organizations, and professional associates to promote the Simulation Center.
- Consult on simulation development, design, and curriculum integration for professional agencies and clinical agencies.
- Maintain Simulation lab operating and capital budgets in collaboration with the Senior Associate Dean, Director of Simulation, Director of IT, and Director of Operations.
- Oversee purchasing/inventory/equipment maintenance by working with vendors to assure most pedagogically sound and cost-effective equipment for student use, in consultation with the Director of Simulation and Director of IT.
- Model and instruct faculty, staff, and students in the safe use of all equipment.
- Maintain federal safety standards with regard to the use of equipment.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Earned master’s degree in nursing.
- Two or more years of experience simulation, content development, and/or instructional technology.
- Candidate should be proficient with computers, Microsoft Office (e.g. Word and PowerPoint), systems of documenting care online, and quality improvement methods.
- Ability to coordinate and monitor complex activities and collaborate.
- NYS RN License is required.
- Preferred experience in telehealth, department management.
- Preferred License/Certification: Certified Health Simulation Educator (CHSE). If not already certified, required to become certified within two years of hire.
- Recent clinical and simulation experience is highly desirable.
- BLS and ACLS certification preferred.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |