Public Health/Management/Administration Public Health/Biostatistics/Epidemiology Nutrition and Dietetics
POSITION: Auburn University seeks a 12-month tenure-track extension specialist (95% Extension and 5% Service) at the Assistant or Associate Professor level to provide leadership in community nutrition and public health. This position is housed in the Department of Nutritional Sciences and is designed to assist the College of Human Sciences and the Alabama Cooperative Extension System (ACES) in overcoming health and wellness concerns across the state. The position will provide leadership in the development, delivery, evaluation, and reporting of evidence-based programs and applied research. Earliest start date for this position is August 1, 2023 and will remain open until a suitable candidate is identified. The position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
(1) Alabama Cooperative Extension System (ACES): The selected applicant will provide strategic and inclusive leadership to the Human Nutrition, Diet and Health (NDH) priority program team of the Alabama Cooperative Extension. Responsibilities include:
A) provide statewide leadership in the areas of human nutrition and public health; B) develop and deliver educational programs (initiatives, presentations, website information, and supporting materials) grounded in research-based sciences to improve the nutritional and health levels of different social classes and ages; C) collaborate with, support, and train Extension educators across the state to implement, evaluate, and report program impacts; and D) participate in and assist program teams in the development of annual plans of work and federal reporting.
(2) Design and undertake evidence-based Extension and applied research projects that engage and involve client groups, stakeholders, and whole communities to improve their quality of life.
(3) Establish and maintain a strong, extramurally funded Extension and applied research program.
(4) Disseminate extension and research scholarship through journals, digital products, and conference presentations and seek recognition of excellence in programming.
(5) Collaborate with Human Sciences faculty on interdisciplinary community programming.
(6) Engage Human Sciences students in development and delivery of educational tools and programs.
(7) Provide service within professional organizations and on committees within the Department, College, ACES, and University.
SETTING: The Department of Nutritional Sciences employs 9-full-time tenure-track faculty and is affiliated with the College of Human Sciences. Opportunities to engage in collaborative research are supported by the Alabama Cooperative Extension System (ACES). East Alabama Health, Harrison School of Pharmacy (HSOP) and Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM) provide additional opportunities for translational research. More information about the department can be found at http://humsci.auburn.edu/nutrition/. Alabama Cooperative Extension System operates in all 67 counties as the primary outreach organization for the land-grant functions of Alabama A&M and Auburn University. Auburn University has a multicultural student enrollment of over 30,000. The University provides instruction in approximately 60 academic departments and maintains graduate research and public service programs. Auburn is a one-hour drive from Montgomery, Alabama, 1.5 hours from the Hartsfield- Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Georgia airport and about four hours to Gulf Coast beaches. To learn more about Auburn University, visit http://www.auburn.edu/academic/provost/facultyjobs/. Auburn University is understanding of and sensitive to the family needs of faculty, including dual-career couples.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.