The Director of Health Sciences Research Administration will directly support the Executive Director of the Office of Research to ensure that a comprehensive research administration infrastructure is in place to support the https://medicine.buffalo.edu/Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences research community to strengthen and streamline all key functional areas that support individual researchers and departments, to increase and enhance research activity within the school.
The Director will be a key resource for the Office of Research to enhance both external and internal grant funding opportunities. This position requires a significant emphasis on the use of academic analytics and other academic research databases to gather, interpret and report upon research related data, particularly data on proposals, awards, and research expenditures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Working with departmental administrators, assist faculty in submitting proposals to external sponsors (federal, state, private and corporate foundations) by providing proposal management support (interpreting sponsor requirements, grant development, and various document management).
* Assist in managing and communicating internal funding and limited submission opportunities.
* Provide regular reports on extramural funding to department chairs, school leadership and other stakeholders.
* Act as a key resource for Jacobs School and Departmental leadership by providing input and information related to available funding opportunities and alignment with Jacobs School faculty capabilities.
* Work with departments throughout the school to align processes and procedures, and ensure compliance with all local, State, Federal, and sponsor requirements, while creating efficiencies.
* Work with the VPRED office, Sponsored Projects Services and the Research Foundation of SUNY Central Office, to assist the Senior Associate Dean for Research in identifying and implementing solutions to complex problems.
* Ensure all research-related data, particularly data on proposals, awards, and research expenditures, are up-to-date and accurate, and act as the first point of contact to provide up-to-date information for various internal and external reports.
* Work with Jacobs School and Departmental leaders to attract and retain critical research talent.
* Lead reporting of research awards and expenditures on the Jacobs School effort.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
Outstanding Benefits PackageWorking at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/research-foundation/regular-employees.htmlbenefit packages.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.