New programs in Biomedical Informatics to serve the needs of UAE & the region, to provide qualified professionals in these domains and serve UAE agenda in moving to digital and knowledge economy.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Community Services
JOB SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The College of Computing and Informatics at the University of Sharjah invites qualified candidates from the academic ranks Assistant/Associate Professor to apply for a faculty positions in Biomedical Informatics. The commencement date of this position is in September 2023.
The successful candidates are expected to:
- Teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Contribute to the research activities and initiate research projects leading to effective publications in journals with high ranking and patents
- Supervise postgraduate students' research projects and theses (Masters/PhD)
- Contribute to the development of courses and programs (both at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels) offered by the College of Computing and Informatics) and accreditation especially ABET Accreditation and CAA of UAE
- Perform all assigned administrative tasks by the program/department, college and university
- Mentor and advise students at all levels
- Have a Ph.D. in the areas specified above or in closely related fields (From a reputable and internationally recognized University).
- Have demonstrated effective teaching experience in the above-mentioned fields or related ones at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Have a strong record of accomplishment of research publications in refereed scholarly international journals with good impact factors.
- Experience in supervising Senior Design Projects, Master and PhD Theses/Dissertations
- Interest and experience in bridging links with industry and the community are also expected
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
Minimum qualification includes:
- Ph.D. in the areas specified above or in closely related fields (From a reputable and internationally recognized University).
Integrity & Respect:
- Must be able to integrate with diverse faculty members from different background. The candidate must respect his/her colleagues, students and the traditions of the region
- Must be able to adapt to the continuous advancement in the field
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Manage his/her time in efficient way while contributing to teaching, research and community service
- Must be able to manage any conflict that may arise while performing assigned duties and working in different committees at the department, college or University level
Accountability & Accuracy:
- Must be accountable for his/her actions and be accurate in performing the assigned duties