Search for University Jobs in Health Sciences
Assistant Director Hill-Rom Simulation Center
Assistant Director Hill-Rom Simulation Center
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks an Assistant Director of the Hill Rom Simulation Center to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by collaborating with administration, faculty, staff, and students to optimize utilization of the second floor Evans Center laboratories and its resources. Though this position works primarily with the Leighton School of Nursing (LSON), there are responsibilities involving the College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM) and other related professionals. These responsibilities are consistent with the strategic plan and objectives of the Health Sciences and the University. This position is a 12-month appointment as a professional staff position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Collaborate with Director of Hill Rom Simulation Center, Simulation Lab Technician, Standardized Patient Coordinator, as well as other Health Science faculty, staff and students, and Marian University as a whole.
- Promote a learning environment
- Schedule Skills and Sim Labs and equipment online, according to requests submitted per nursing faculty and others requiring lab space
- Request syllabi and calendar from nursing faculty with clinical labs
- Ascertain supplies and equipment are available for independent undergraduate nursing practice in the Hill-Rom Open Lab, open 24/7 when university is open
- Facilitate orderliness and maintenance of labs and storage
- Facilitate instructional activities with students and faculty
- Set-up and tear-down equipment and supplies in Skills and Simulation Labs
- Coordinate “walk-throughs” with faculty prior to skills practice and simulations
- Facilitate, upon faculty request, student return demos and remediation
- Facilitate student practice outside class time
- Facilitate simulations by gaining knowledge of the International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL) standards, course scenarios, and Sim Center equipment
- Facilitate currency and standardization of simulation scenarios on all LSON campuses through regular communication with course coordinators
- Send reports of Qualtrics simulation participant data to course coordinators upon submission of semester grades
- Periodically attend clinical lectures, review text and skills video assignments for students, and seek continuing education
- Participate as member of LSON “Faculty Development & Resource Committee” (FD&R)
- Inventory equipment and supplies
- Request supplies for purchase based on FD&R’s pre-approved list and projected student numbers
- Request equipment or other supplies through FD&R or Director of Health Science Lab
- Facilitate faculty viewing of simulation learning modules via Canvas
- Attend and report to LSON Faculty/Staff Council meetings as non-voting member
- Report annually to LSON leadership, including:
- Tally of independent lab practice
- Survey data and program improvement
- Goals for labs
- Facilitate COM activities as requested per Director of Hill Rom Simulation Center
- Other duties as required
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing with at least two years clinical experience
- Experience in nursing education and simulation is strongly preferred
- Experience with computer software programs, e.g. Microsoft word and Excel, Canvas, and B-line Medical strongly preferred
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |