The Department of Occupational Therapy at Misericordia University is currently accepting applications for a non-tenure track full-time (10 month) faculty position to begin August 2021. Rank and salary are dependent upon the applicant’s experience and qualifications. A remote position may be considered for those who are well qualified.
The Department of Occupational Therapy offers an accredited professional entry-level degree MSOT program. The entry level OTD degree program is currently granted candidacy accreditation status. We also offer a post-professional clinical doctorate in occupational therapy which culminates in each student developing an individualized doctoral capstone project under close faculty mentorship.
Misericordia University is a teaching-centered institution with a commitment to
community service. The curriculum has a strong foundation in occupation, evidence-
based practice, community leadership, and dynamic clinical reasoning. Successful candidates will join an experienced faculty with diverse clinical and educational backgrounds.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Earned doctorate (PhD, EdD, DSc, OTD) from an accredited institution.
- NBCOT certification and eligible for Pennsylvania licensure.
- Minimum of five years of clinical experience.
- Preferred teaching experience in higher education and online curricula/remote instruction.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Leadership, innovation, and creativity.
Responsibilities include teaching in areas of expertise and supervising graduate research and capstone projects, active participation in scholarly activities, student advisement, and service to the University, community, and the profession.