The School of Public Health and Health Professions (SPHHP) at the University at Buffalo (UB), the State University of New York (SUNY) offers a variety of part-time adjunct opportunities at the undergraduate and graduate level. Candidates should have the ability to teach a range of online and/or seated undergraduate and graduate courses in the academic disciplines associated with our academic departments and programs, including:
o Biostatistics (Statistics, Bioinformatics)
o Community Health and Health Behavior
o Epidemiology and Environmental Health (Epidemiology, Environmental Health Science, Health Services Policy and Practice, Clinical Research)
o Exercise and Nutrition Sciences (Exercise Science, Athletic Training, Nutrition, Dietetic Internship, Health and Wellness)
o Rehabilitation Sciences (Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Assistive and Rehabilitative Technology)
o Public Health (undergraduate program, MPH general content)
Academic Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Deliver seated and/or online lessons to undergraduate and/or graduate students;
- Demonstrate appropriate knowledge of subject;
- Provide students with appropriate learning materials and expertise in assigned subject(s);
- Evaluate student performance and provide effective feedback to guide student learning and success;
- Responsible for contributing to and maintaining an inclusive and collaborative environment;
- Maintain a strong commitment to SPHHP’s ethics and values, as well as the School’s mission and vision;
- Requirements will vary depending on the program.
About the School:
The UB School of Public Health and Health Professions offers programs at every degree level and is the home to five departments; biostatistics, community health and health behavior, epidemiology and environmental health, exercise and nutrition sciences, and rehabilitation science. It is one of only a few schools across the country that includes health-related professions as an integral component of the public health educational and research system. Faculty and students engage in research and community activities designed to improve the health of populations, communities and individuals. The SPHHP is located on the South Campus of University at Buffalo. For more information about the school, visit www.sphhp.buffalo.edu.
This is a pooled posting, and positions are filled on an as-needed basis
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.