In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University seeking "Excellence in Every Way," the ideal Registered Nurse will possess the willingness to use their expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Skilled nursing care provided in the form of assessment, treatment, documentation, health-counseling
demonstrating high quality customer service.
- Function in the capacity of a Registered Nurse; provide quality primary health care to the student clientele
- Must be highly skilled to able to function both independently, and as part of an interdisciplinary medical team
- Treat minor medical emergencies, and make appropriate referrals
- Participate in development of criteria to ensure effectiveness of the patient care provided
- Perform diagnostic laboratory tests
- Administer medications and treatment, as per Standing Orders of Physician
- Maintain Licensure and attend Continuing Education Programs to maintain Licensure
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration
and storage procedures and regulations.
- Document patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
***MUST BE WILLING TO WORK EVENING HOURS, NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS***
- Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Must be a Registered Nurse with current Alabama License
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience, in a primary health care setting, preferably in University Health Care settings
- CPR- BLS (Basic Life Support) Certification required, ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) Certification preferred.
Commensurate with education, training and experience
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) to (5) references (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: email@example.com Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.