Tenure Track Assistant/Associate Professor
School of Health Professions
Rutgers, University of New Jersey, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences
School of Health Professions
Tenure Track Research Faculty Opening
The tenure track faculty member’s primary responsibility (80-90% effort) is in conducting research to grow and sustain an extramurally funded research program. A small allocation of effort is towards teaching and service (10-20% maximum). Teaching may include mentoring of graduate students and post-docs. The successful candidate will be appointed within the relevant academic department of SHP.
Rutgers is a research intensive university with state of the art research core services and a strong research support infrastructure. Rutgers SHP, one of the top ranked schools of its kind in the nation, offers a unique and nurturing environment to conduct interdisciplinary and team based research. The School has fostered a culture of collaboration and a strong community of support for research faculty to build their programs and to thrive.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Tenure track faculty must hold a doctoral research degree, ideally a PhD or equivalent, should have post-doctoral research training or academic-focused industry experience, and Health-related research focus. Rank is based on criteria including, but not limited to, research experience, scholarly productivity, evidence of independence, level of national and/or international impact and recognition, and history of extramural funding.
Preferred area of expertise:
Candidate should have research expertise in diverse areas, including but not limited to
- Digital Health
- Implementation Science
- Health-related AI and Data Science, Clinical and Health Informatics
- Neuro-rehabilitation, Exercise and Movement Science
- Rehabilitation Engineering
- Clinical or Preventive Nutrition, Dietetics, Nutrition Science
- Behavioral, Mental Health and Rehabilitation counseling research
- Health Disparities
- Health Outcomes Research
- Clinical Trials
The successful candidate will have a portfolio that will complement and strengthen SHP’s vision and mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead an independent research program
- Collaborate with others to promote interdisciplinary and team based science
- Secure extramural funding to support their research program, including the percentage of their salary allocated to research
- Disseminate their research in high quality journals and through conference presentations and other means of scholarly dissemination
- Mentor graduate students and post-docs
- Teach as assigned by the Department Chair, director or research dean
- Mentorship of junior faculty as appropriate
- Exemplify professional conduct including ethical conduct of research, as well as collegial and respectful behavior
Tenure track or tenured faculty member is supervised by the department head, director or research dean and may exercise supervision of professional research staff, graduate assistants or fellows, undergraduate, or student employees.
If interested in applying for this position, please access the following link: https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/155740
Required documents for submission are; CV, Cover Letter, and Research Statement/Plan (3-5 pages).