The College of Health Sciences, Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Division of Athletic Training is seeking a faculty member to serve the needs of the program. This position is an eleven month term. Rank will be at the Assistant or Associate Professor level, and the position will be responsible for the following:
- Teach in the Health and Human Sciences program pre-professional track for Athletic Training and professional Master of Science in Athletic Training program in the College of Health Sciences.
- Work with faculty and staff in the Health and Human Sciences program to establish and coordinate clinical experiences for students in the pre-Athletic Training track.
- Work with faculty in the Division of Athletic Training and the College of Health Sciences to develop and deliver a new professional Master of Science Degree in Athletic Training
- Assist the Program Director in seeking initial accreditation (CAATE) for the emerging professional Master of Science in Athletic Training degree
- Serve as the Clinical Coordinator for this emerging professional Master of Science in Athletic Training Program
- Provide the orientation, education and evaluation of clinical preceptors and sites to assure that competencies for athletic training education are met and are consistent with specific learning objectives delineated for each competency.
- Serve as an academic advisor as assigned by the Program Director
- Participate in pre-clinical and clinical classroom and laboratory instruction and evaluation activities as directed by the needs of the Program.
- Contribute to the post-professional Master of Science in Athletic Training Program during the transition to the emerging professional Master of Science in Athletic Training program
- Contribute to research and scholarship within the department, college, and university
- Serve as a potential advisor for research conducted by undergraduate, masters, and doctoral students
- Participate in department, college and university service
Candidates should apply by submitting a letter of interest, current curriculum vitae, statement of teaching (upload under Specific Request 1) and statement of research (upload under Specific Request 2). Letters of recommendation to be provided upon request.
Additional questions can be directed to:
Phillip Gribble, PhD, ATC
Director, Division of Athletic Training
206C Wethington Building
900 South Limestone
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40536-0200
Deadline: Review of applications will begin August 6, 2018 and continue until the position has been filled.