The San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is seeking a part-time/adjunct Nurse Practitioner at Evergreen Valley College.
A non-instructional Adjunct Faculty position as a Nurse Practitioner in the Department of Student Health Services located at Evergreen Valley College; 18-21 hours per week on Mondays through Thursdays with work shifts selected between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Scheduled hours will fall during the two 16-week Fall and Spring Semesters. Currently Student Health Services does not provide clinical services during Intersession and Summer Session. Under the supervision and direction of the Associate Dean of Student Services, performs an expanded role in the delivery of episodic health care and health promotion with a team, which includes a Registered Nurse, Medical Director, Medical Assistant, Mental Health Counselor, Case Manager, and an Office Assistant. Working collaboratively to support student success is the goal of this position. Position requires extensive clinical skills in health assessment, diagnosis, treatment, counseling and referral, as well as an ability to work independently under the indirect supervision of the Medical Director, utilizing written protocols as guidelines. Direction for clinic operations will also be provided by the Director of Student Health Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs practitioner level examinations and clinical assessment of physical and mental status of patients; accurately diagnoses conditions and formulates an effective plan of treatment and preventive health measures, within the established clinic protocols.
- Treats patients on an appointment and triage basis during regular clinic hours.
- Provides gynecological services, including pelvic examinations, STI testing, evaluation, treatment, and education, pregnancy tests, and family planning counseling.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs; establishes treatment or therapeutic plans as appropriate.
- Dispenses medications and administers immunizations as appropriate, according to the clinic protocols.
- Accurately, appropriately, and promptly documents all physical findings, nursing assessments, and interventions. Discusses cases with physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plans.
- Provides appropriate emergency response for the District, including but not limited to administering first aid, crisis intervention, assistance with emergency transportation, and appropriate referral.
- Assists the Director in planning, developing, and implementing a comprehensive program for Student Health Services, including current standards of practice in medicine, licensed lab and hazardous waste management, Family PACT billing, report writing, and outreach to students and employees, regarding health topics, resources, and services.
- Participates in department quality assurance activities including, but not limited to, chart review, follow-up of abnormal exams and/or laboratory findings, required reporting, and review of written client materials.
- Requests MD phone consultation for advice and refers patients to physician or to specialized health resources for treatment that is beyond the scope of the Nurse Practitioner or Student Health Services.
- Consults with other employees of the District, private health care providers, community agencies, or other organizations to assist in solving student health problems.
- Plans for and participates in clinical and health education programs.
- Provides education on health related topics on an individual and group basis, utilizing a model that promotes wellness and prevents illness/injury.
- Contributes to efficient clinic operations such as committee work, clinic consultations, and training for staff and faculty.
- Coordinates screening and follow-up of communicable diseases including TB and STI.
- Assists writing proposals and grants for special program funding.
- Develops programs to streamline health services to on-campus and online students.
- Participates in Department, Division, and Campus events, meetings, and projects as requested.
- Performs other duties reasonably related to the job classification.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing; valid licensure as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner with the California Board of Registered Nursing; current First Aid and CPR Certification; and a minimum of one year's experience as a Family Health or Adult Nurse Practitioner.
2. Nurse Practitioner Furnishing License
3. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
4. Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District's hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
Salary placement is based on candidate's verified education and experience.
Assignments may include day and evening responsibilities. This position is represented by the San Jose-Evergreen Community
College District Federation of Teachers, AFT 6157.
Please apply using the Direct Link below and select discipline Nursing Science/Clinical Practice:
Adjunct/Part-Time Faculty Employment Opportunities
Direct Link: https://sjeccd.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobid=56
Position #1500117, OPEN AND CONTINUOUS
Other part-time instructors are needed to teach classes in other disciplines on an as needed basis.
Please refer to http://www.sjeccd.edu/district-services/human-resources/employment-opportunities
for a complete list of all employment opportunities at San Jose-Evergreen Community College District.