The University of Kentucky College of Nursing is seeking a faculty member to increase nursing research collaboration and scholarly activities between the College of Nursing and UK HealthCare and provide undergraduate teaching/advising. This position will develop opportunities for clinical inquiry and scholarship for staff nurses, as well as support ER Trauma nursing staff-led practice inquiries and efforts to develop evidence-based practice.
Other responsibilities include:
- Develop opportunities for clinical inquiry and scholarship for staff nurses.
- Support ER Trauma nursing staff-led practice inquiries and efforts to develop evidence-based practice.
- Provide mentorship and support for ER Trauma research among professional staff, particularly those seeking graduate degrees.
- Incorporate interdisciplinary collaboration to generate a rich and robust ER Trauma research culture
- Monitoring projects and academic activity of the research nurse scientist must be logged on a tracking document.
The qualified candidate will have a doctor of nursing practice (DNP) or doctor of philosophy (PhD) degree or other doctorate in nursing with expertise in research and teaching. Expectation of independent investigator status with grant funding and engagement with others in original research activities to advance health services and health policies. Teaching and mentoring/advising activities with doctoral students with interest areas related to health disparities, social determinants of health, access to care, health literacy and health insurance literacy, underserved populations, minority and rural populations and health care reform policy and health policy. Clinical Service appointment with UKHC as a Research Nurse Scientist, to develop opportunities for clinical inquiry and scholarship for staff nurses developing evidence-based practice.
Candidate must be eligible for licensure as a registered nurse in the state of Kentucky. Experience shall include teaching experience including online and/or distance learning format; research focus in original research activities to advance health services and health policies, expectation for successful doctoral student mentorship; expertise in area of clinical specialty; evidence of excellence in clinical practice; credentials for an appointment at UK HealthCare.
The candidate must have a strong commitment to research, teaching, scholarship, and service.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application materials should include the following:
- Cover letter
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Three professional letters of recommendation (upload under Specific Request 1)
Questions regarding the position can be directed to Dr. Zim Okoli, Chair, Faculty Search Committee, c/o Lisa Jackson at email@example.com