Search for University Jobs in Health Sciences
Faculty Site Director of Accelerated BSN Program in Tennessee
As part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University is seeking a Faculty Site Director of Accelerated BSN Program in Tennessee in Science Nursing (BSN) program in Tennessee for the Leighton School of Nursing (LSON) to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity. This position, under the direction of LSON Associate Dean for Strategic Partnership, collaborates with the Marian University main campus and the educational partner. This position participates in decision making for policy related to teaching and advising students in curriculum development program, revisions, clinical site management, student learning outcomes assessment, and other matters as assigned in support of LSON and the mission of Marian University
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual in courses, programs, and services.
- Communicates and collaborates with stakeholders in internal and external communities.
- Maintains a faculty position with teaching synchronized and/or asynchronized sessions as defined by LSON curriculum. Credit hours not to 6 credit hours per semester.
- Develops and maintains relationship between distance education site and LSON.
- Offers NCLEX tutoring to students at all levels, both face-to-face and virtually, at site.
- Assists with the management of course delivery in alignment with LSON with specific oversite of simulation, along with direct and indirect hours of patient care hours.
- Reviews and develops program policies, procedures, and recommends revisions as warranted annually, under direction of LSON leadership.
- Collaborates with LSON Academic Director of BSN Programs, Course Coordinators, Clinical Faculty, and members of the educational partner.
- Problem solves with faculty and university departments that are impacted by the policies and procedures of distance programs.
- Verifies Marian Nursing education program complies with educational standards of all appropriate Tennessee State accrediting and regulatory bodies.
- Collaborates with Director of Nursing Service (DNS) and designees of educational partner and clinical institutions, as appropriate.
- Assures student compliance with health and other required documentation.
- Attends site directors’ virtual meetings with Associate Dean for Strategic Partnerships.
- Assists with preparation of documents requested of the State Board of Nursing at Tennessee.
- Reviews materials proposed by educational partner marketing team.
- Participates in site and community events by educational partner.
- Presents changes in the curriculum to the State Board of Nursing, in Tennessee.
- Travels to Marian University main campus, as needed.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Associate Dean for Strategic Partnerships.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- A Masters in Nursing is required. PhD in Nursing, DNP, or an equivalent terminal degree preferred.
- Teaching experience at a university level.
- Current compact licensure as a Registered Nurse in State of Tennessee
- Recent experience in the practice of nursing and managerial experience.
- High level of proficiency in use of technology in nursing education.
- Experience with planning and collaboration with project development
- Resides in State of Tennessee.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a current resume, responses to supplemental mission questions and contact information for three professional references.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |