Position Description Summary
This is a change in title and refill request. Requesting a shortened preferred application time of 2 weeks for the purpose of expediting search and leverage available search committee members prior to the end of their contract period on 5.15.20.
This is a full-time (12 months) clinical-track faculty position with administrative responsibilities concerning the administration of all graduate nursing programs. This position also includes some teaching, scholarship and service responsibilities commensurate with clinical-track faculty responsibilities.
1. Doctoral degree in nursing science or a closely related field;
2. Nationally certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP);
3. Eligibility for licensure as a Registered Nurse and APN licensure with FNP certification in Illinois, at time of hire and successful obtainment and maintenance of licensure thereafter;
4. At least two years of leadership experience in a clinical, business or academic setting.
1. Three years or more of clinical experience as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse;
2. Excellent communication skills to interact with people at all levels of the university and external constituents and ability to manage projects, write reports, meet deadlines, and solve problems;
3. Experience developing and evaluating academic programs and knowledge of graduate curricular policies and procedures, curriculum development and approval process, graduate student recruitment, advisement and orientation;
4. Established program of practice that may allow for precepting NIU nursing graduate students;
5. Experience in online education;
6. Participation in nursing-related professional organization;
7. Familiarity and experience soliciting external funding for academic programs.