Search for University Jobs in Health Sciences
Associate or Professor and Associate Dean of Clinical Affairs
University of Kentucky
The University of Kentucky College of Dentistry is seeking applications for Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs. This is a full time, 12 month assignment period, Clinical Title Series, non tenure track eligible position at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor. Exceptional benefits are provided for this position which can be reviewed at the following link: Insurance and retirement benefits | UK Human Resources (uky.edu).
The anticipated start date for this assignment is January 1, 2023.
This individual will oversee clinical programs of the College of Dentistry and ensure that they are consistent with the College's Strategic Plan and the national accreditation standards. These programs include the predoctoral DMD clinics, Faculty Practice Clinics, Turfland Clinic, Kentucky Clinic, Graduate Clinics, external programs, and Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology Laboratory.
Administrative Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the credentialing and privileging process for providers.
- Oversee the clinical implementation and upgrades to the Electronic Health.
- Record system.
- Monitor Clinical Quality Assurance Initiatives.
- Manage Clinical Risk Management issues.
- Assure compliance with College policies to include: safety, infection control, risk reduction/ management, medical emergencies, corporate compliance, HIPAA, OSHA, and all state and federal regulations.
- Coordinate with dental public health and monitor community outreach programs, such as the Saturday Morning Clinic, Remote Area Medical (RAM), and Give Kids a Smile programs.
- Prepare the College's self-study document that relates to patient care services for the Commission on Dental Accreditation.
- Coordinate clinical activities with the College research, education and service programs.
- Represent Clinical Affairs on various College committees:
- Accreditation Steering Committee
- Clinical Performance Committee***
- Compliance Committee
- Curriculum Committee
- Dean's Administrative Leadership Team
- Electronic Health Record Committee
- Outcomes Assessment Committee
- Quality Assurance Committee***
- Safety and Infection Control Steering Committee***
- Strategic Planning Committee
- UK Dental Care Board***
- UK Dental Care Plan Committee***
- Ad hoc committees as assigned
- ***Chairs these committees
- Serve on University committees as appointed or requested.
- Serve as the primary College liaison to A.B. Chandler Medical Center and UK HealthCare regarding issues such as, but not limited to, legal, risk management and credentialing.
- Serve as the liaison to the Lexington Veterans Administration Medical Center 2
- Represent the College at local, regional and national meetings such as American Dental Education Association, Southern Conference of Dental Deans and Examiners, Southern Regional Board Examination, and Western Regional Board Examination meetings.
- Represent the College on the Kentucky Board of Dentistry as an "ex-officio" member (serving in the Dean's stead).
Faculty Responsibilities include:
- Teach in appropriate discipline related courses.
- Engage in scholarly activity that results in presentations and publications.
- Pursue leadership development opportunities.
- Pursue grant funding for research and services.
10% Research, Scholarship and other creative activities
6% Professional Development
Salary and rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
Interested applicants should submit an application as well as include:
• Letter of interest
• Curriculum vitae
• Names and contact information for three references when prompted in the application
The University of Kentucky considers the health, safety and well-being of our entire community to be a top priority. In alignment with this priority, all new hires must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption as a condition of employment. For areas that fall under the federal CMS mandate, start of employment cannot occur until two weeks after receiving the full COVID-19 vaccination series or upon obtaining an approved exemption. Only vaccines approved by the World Health Organization can be accepted.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |