Search for University Jobs in Health Sciences
Assistant Professor of Physical Therapy (Pediatrics) - College of Health and Human Sciences (27361)
Northern Illinois University
Northern Illinois University (NIU) is a Carnegie Doctoral/Research University-Higher Research Activity located in DeKalb, IL
. DeKalb is a diverse and growing community providing residents with a small-town feel and the benefits of a large university. The Physical Therapy program is part of the interdisciplinary School of Allied Health and Communicative Disorders and offers a Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree
. Faculty in Audiology, Physical Therapy, and Speech-Language Pathology collaborate in clinical and research endeavors. The prospective candidate will work with a diverse student and clinic population and enjoy a comfortable work/life balance. Excellent off-campus sites are available for practicum, research, and grant development. The school includes a 27,000 sq. ft. multidisciplinary clinic space which houses the Speech-Language-Hearing and Physical Therapy Clinics. For more information about the program, visit http://www.chhs.niu.edu/physical_therapy/.
This is a full-time, nine-month, promotable, tenure track Assistant Professor Physical Therapy Faculty position, with specialization in pediatrics
. The faculty member is responsible for educating students in direct patient care and providing classroom instruction to entry-level doctor of physical therapy students.
This Assistant Professor, with expertise in pediatrics, will serve as core faculty as defined by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) at Northern Illinois University’s Doctor of Physical Therapy program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach academic coursework to DPT students
- Engage in scholarly activity (e.g., research publications, presentations, grants)
- Contribute positively to committee service within the university (i.e., program, department, college university levels) and profession
- Provide student advisement and direct student research.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Academic research doctorate;
- Applicants who are dissertation candidates (ABD) will be considered. Contract is contingent on completion of doctorate degree.
- Active unrestricted license of physical therapy in the state of Illinois;
- Applicants who are active unrestricted-licensed physical therapists in any United States jurisdiction will be considered. Contract is contingent upon obtaining and maintaining an active unrestricted physical therapy license in the state of Illinois.
- Expertise in area of pediatrics to ensure depth and breadth across the scope of practice as required by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- If not already obtained, must obtain an active, unrestricted physical therapist license in the state of Illinois within six months of appointment;
- Ability to educate graduate students in clinical, laboratory, and classroom settings.
- Demonstrated knowledge in evidence-based practice;
- Ability and willingness to contribute to meeting the program’s instructional needs;
- Understanding of and experience with curriculum content, design, and evaluation;
- Employing strategies to promote and support professional development;
- Strong oral, written, visual, and electronic communication skills;
- Effective interpersonal and conflict management skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact in a positive manner with diverse faculty, staff, patients, students, and clinicians as well as with people of varying economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to contribute to promoting a collegial environment in which faculty support each other and their students.
- Prior teaching experience, especially teaching graduate students and experience supervising clinical education, and a productive high-quality research agenda;
- Experience providing care to diverse populations.
- Record of professional service, research, and experience developing grants for programming is desirable;
- Specialized training or ABPTS;
- Active unrestricted license to practice physical therapy in the state of Illinois;
- Desire to make NIU their long-term home.
Physical Demands Summary
- The candidate must follow NIU’s immunization policies.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |